ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom 720 urgent help please

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Tomtom go 720 bought brand new 18months ago, after 12months it stopped working, so i played with it and updated it and it was then working.

The reason i didnt work after 12m was because dad had downloaded maps off tomtom site which had a virus inside, which caused it to not work.

Now since iv updated it, dad has used it when he was in Germany and this screen poped up with a picture of the tomtom and a memory and a Red cross across it. now theres no memory card inside, so we dont see why its doing it.

Been trying since about an hour now to try and connect the damm thing to my laptop, but it just wont do. Each time i connect it the egg timer appears then at the bottom right of the taskbar it said "Safely remove hardware"

Wtf is going on with it, :mad: Need it to work by tommorow morning as dad will be in germany tommorow night, so its preety urgent..

Bus w**ker
A virus from the "TomTom" site... ;)

Anyway, have you tried doing a soft reset on it? Should be a reset button somewhere, using a pen or paperclip to push the button in for 20 seconds or so and then see if it will power up. If not try the same thing again but before you try to power it up connect it to the PC and then have Home already up and running, then turn it on.

the virus from tomtom comment isnt a myth they did distribute a virus with map updates they denial this though ;) but it was some time ago