ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tomtom 720T Traffic Camera warrning question!

ati

Clio Dynamique
hello alll

got a nice xmas present early a tomtom 720T, i used it today and i,m sure its suppose to have speed camera warning of all types i think. but the warrning doesnt display.

is it worth getting the subscribition for the year as well, i was going to get it today but i wasnt sure as i didnt see it working.

is annoying because i have to rely on the ole signs not saying i speed bt you know be nice to have the warning just in case you miss em.

i,m also sure it gives you warning if you break the speeding restrications.

can some tell me how to display all the SC warniings please. and over speed warning as well.

thanks

RB 182
Mine worked out the box for speed cameras.

Make sure they are on by tapping the screen, going to the third screen and then tapping on TomTom Plus Services. Then tap the TomTom Safety Cameras top right and make sure it's enabled (bottom left icon).

yup, the speed camera warnings have always worked on my 710

as said above, make sure you have them turned on

Lotus Elise 111R
I have also got the 720T for christmas using it tomorrow as heading up to Birmingham tomorrow, have'nt broken the seal yet, but will feedback when I get home next week.

I do have my Roadangel hardwired in anyway so will leave that until I am set up permanently with the TomTom.

ati

Clio Dynamique
Has anyone bought the safety camera or traffic updates? Are they worth it?

ant to know this as well.

thanks all for your suggestions, its enabled now.

i,m having troubles tuning in the fm transmiutter to my clio, is there nyway i can get it to pause the music when its telling me the directions and any ideas on how to tune it in my tunerllist HU.

thanks

RB 182
i,m having troubles tuning in the fm transmiutter to my clio, is there nyway i can get it to pause the music when its telling me the directions and any ideas on how to tune it in my tunerllist HU.

thanks
I've only managed to get it to pause music when it's playing the music I've got on my TomTom which is a bit of a pain as it doesn't have that music on it, could do with the radio just muting when I need the directions.

For the tuner list just make sure it's on Manual mode and you should be able to get the frequency that you need.

Lotus Elise 111R
Quick qu before I set off with it.... is the only way you can tell if the camera notifications are on, is by going past a camera you know, or is there a menu you can see?

ati

Clio Dynamique

thanks
I've only managed to get it to pause music when it's playing the music I've got on my TomTom which is a bit of a pain as it doesn't have that music on it, could do with the radio just muting when I need the directions.

For the tuner list just make sure it's on Manual mode and you should be able to get the frequency that you need.

i had another go ysterday but didnt get anywhere i tune it to my mp3 player and picks the fm singla no probs so i know it works but the car i just had no luck.

anychance u can tell me mate on how to do it. i read the manuals no help in them at all.

how do i get into the manual setting.

thanks

106 GTi
Quick qu before I set off with it.... is the only way you can tell if the camera notifications are on, is by going past a camera you know, or is there a menu you can see?

If it is anything like the TomTom one go into the TomTom Plus menu and make sure the warnings are switched on.

ati

Clio Dynamique
anyone can help with tuning the tomtom into the hu please.

has anyone had any troubles using the tdmc using the provided aerial with the 720T or 520T versions.

RB 182
anyone can help with tuning the tomtom into the hu please.

has anyone had any troubles using the tdmc using the provided aerial with the 720T or 520T versions.
TomTom weren't going to realise the T version as they have problems with it in the UK but I'm not sure if the new version is any better as on Classic FM gave the signal it needed.

So long as your headunit is on manual you shouldn't have any problem getting it to pick up the TomTom.

ati

Clio Dynamique
so you tune the totom to classic fm, i thought this was automatic as far as i know.

can you please tell me how to make the HU on manual.

i tried everything couldnt tune the tomtom to the car.

thanks

RB 182
No it's Classic FM that gives the traffic information or something, I've not got that traffic version so I don't know first hand.

Yuo need to press the 'Mode' button on the right when the radio is on to change the type of search the radio does.

When you change the frequency make sure you use the same as the one you set on the TomTom.

Lotus Elise 111R
Well, the safety cameras worked straight out of the box, but no traffic at all, just wouldnt tune manually or automatically. Would I be right in thinking you need to connect via mobile bluetooth GORS connection?

It says on the TT website that you need to pay a subscription as well to get traffic?

RB 182
Well, the safety cameras worked straight out of the box, but no traffic at all, just wouldnt tune manually or automatically. Would I be right in thinking you need to connect via mobile bluetooth GORS connection?

It says on the TT website that you need to pay a subscription as well to get traffic?
Correct on both accounts presuming that is if you don't have the 720T can comes with another cable. You need to pay for the the updates and also need to have a phone to connect to your TomTom for the updates to be received.

Lotus Elise 111R

Correct on both accounts presuming that is if you don't have the 720T can comes with another cable. You need to pay for the the updates and also need to have a phone to connect to your TomTom for the updates to be received.

Well, I have the 720T but no traffic at all, no connection either. So what are you paying for with the T model if you have to pay for traffic anyway? I thought the idea of buying the T was that it automatically has traffic updates free?

RB 182
I thought it was just for the cable that receives the traffic info via radio signals but with not having the 720T it's hard to say.

ati

Clio Dynamique
hi

well exactly i got the t version just for that to be honest and i get nothing from it, i got a big trip coming up to london, surly it should pick something up if not than ive waisted my cash and yes as far as i know you get the traffic updates for free with the aerial.

i tried tuning it ysterday again but when you tune it it goes by 100khz search not 1 khz. am i doing this wrong some how. i set up the tomtom to 92.1 and some other frequencies still nothing.

thanks benclelland stilll no joy here

any further help even if its 123 guide would be great who tuned it their satnavs using the tunerlist hu.