ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom map upgrades

I have a new version Tomtom one which has just the UK and Ireland maps as standard. I want to get the western region of USA for a holiday later in the year but was wondering whether it will fit on the original memory card space wise.

From looking at Tomtom home it says that I have 53MB free but the upgrade is about 250MB. I assume that it will not be possible to download it then. Would I have to buy a new memory card to download the upgrade or will the one I have be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.
Tim

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes you would need a new card, or can't you buy it already on a card, i know you can for mobile phones?

I have the USA maps, one for each state which makes them about 50-100mb each i think, bit of a pain when on a long trip as you have to start on one map and plan a route to someone on the border near to where you are going to be crossing it, then change to another and replan the route again. When I go to CHicago in a few weeks, from leaving the airport I need to use 3 different maps to get to where i am going and its only just over 100miles!

Very handy though while you are there although i am hoping my hummer has sat nav anyway,

On the Tomtom website it doesn't have the option of buying the western region USA maps on a card, its only downloadable. Where else should I be looking for the upgrade?

Tim

dk

911 GTS Cab
nowhere really, thats the only official place to buy it i think, i guess its only for a mobile you cna buy on a card but that full tomtom, not the maps as you say.

guess you just need to buy the maps and a card separate.