ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tonbridge renault dealership

thinking of using the tonbridge renault dealership in kent, the one on sovereign road near the sainsburys.

has anyone had any experience with them? as in what their aftersales is like?

saw a blue clio with cliosport sticker in the rear windows sitting on the forecourt.

cheers

Dont go to the one in Tunbridge Wells... well at least if youve got an import, the other half and I took a 182 out for a test drive from there on Saturday, they only gave us half an hour, and he was not impressed when he found out my 172 was an import. Not to mention the warranty incident...

I will echo 172chicks comments about their Tunbridge Wells branch. I had all but a few of my Renault Dealership dealings with Whitehouse in Tunbribge Wells and all I can say is steer well clear.

They are all part of the same group - maybe the Tonbridge guys are a better bunch, but at T.Wells they are (IMHO) complete cowboys. I had a query over a servicing invoice but after 3 or 4 attempts at contacting the service manager there by phone and letter with no response, I actually made a formal written complaint about them to Renault UK, which resulted in the quickest phone call from head office I think was possible (the day after posting letter to Renault). On more than one occasion I had to take my car back so that they could finish or correct work that they had not completed properly. The service guys dont actually seem to give 2 hoots about you or your car - everything just seems to be a chore for them. I dont actually think they have any idea what customer care is, but maybe it was because my 172 was an import like 172chicks. I does appear that some dealers loath working on imported cars.

However it has to be said of the 3 other Renault dealerships in Sussex that I had dealings with (Swan in Worthing, Baldocks in Wivelsfield & Tates in Newhaven), none of the others were noticably any better! In fact Im still waiting to hear from one, with regard to warranty work they were going to do almost a year ago!

By contrast the Alfa Romeo dealers that I now deal with are top score. Everything delt with quickly and efficently when needed, which hasnt been as often as the 172!

Just to add that Davis in Sevenoaks (an independant Renault dealer as opposed to the might of Whitehouse) are utterly superb, and didnt bat an eyelid at my import 172 when it went in for warranty work...

Cup 172

If hes spraying that V6 on the forecourt it would appear a new colour for the 182 will be shortly available.

BLACK/BLUE!!:D Sort of like Black/Gold but instead of gold flecks you get blue overspray.

I am still waiting for a call back from Whitehouse Tonbridge sales 2 weeks after phoning them...steer clear of Whitehouse group if u want my advice.

Canterbury branch is good for servicing but it would seem all the Renault sales reps are utterly clueless - i find it amazing to go into a dealership and ask 10 questions and have an "errr i dont know" to all of them. Its their fapping jobs to know the answers ffs !

Suzuki SV1000S

Tonbridge are v god. I travel down from London to use them, never had any probs with Customer Service,

Not to good at finding faults though, But once they know what it is they will sought it quickly

they obviously dont give two sh*ts... i mean who smart repairs a v6 on the forecourt? Theyve obviously hit the wing. I know most cars need some sort of body repair off the factory but that just looks slack - i know i wouldnt trust my car with them! now then...whos gonna buy that v6? :p

172, Tiguan

Its done everywhere, lol. If a car has a minor scratch, or dent they get dent magician or mr lash up larry in to fix it. Rather than waiting for their bodyshop to fix it.

Cheap and easy.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yes he is spraying it on the forecourt... shame.. shame.

As I said, I bought my Cup from there, George16v got his Cup from there, and more recently, George bought his Mk1 172 from there and weve had no problems.

Always had no problems getting parts and spares, and courtesy phone call afterwards.

Si.

My god Im glad Im not the only one that got the rough end of the stick from them. I only went there because they were the only dealership that would answer the phone at the time.

Ive been happy with the service Ive got so far from Driveline in Canterbury, other than arguing over the actual cost of a fog lamp as it wasnt what they quoted. But theyre fixing my washer jet on Saturday, so thats not too bad really.

Oh I totally forgot to say that they also fixed a massive scratch on the door sill that was there when I got the car but didnt realise until a few days after. I think they must have thought they put the scratch there. amusing none the less

Suzuki SV1000S

lol, you were lucky then.

Cant believe they had the balls to fix that V6 on the forecourt, I am going to take that picture in with me and see what they will do on the price of that V6 which is up for 24k at the mo.

Wander whos that Black 182 is behind it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Thats pretty bad, it looks like a cold damp day too, just imagine how much debri is gonna be in that paint..

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

They have been ok with me as well, tho i needed a new seat belt and they got the wrong side??!!

My uncles car got driven into when it was there for a service tho so he is not best pleased with em...

Twells whitehouse is sh1te tho

I tried to buy my 182 from T.wells whitehouse,what a bunch of amateurs,I was trying to haggle on price but the salesman kept running of to ask the sales manager if he could do it for that price.I got pi**ed of in the end and they wouldnt give me a decent price so I ordered from the dealer in Wivelsfield,best salesman I have ever brought a car from,I told him what price i wanted to pay and he sold it to me for that,no bu**sh*t or excuses like Whithouse just a good deal and good service.
Col

Racing blue 182