ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too much noise

Dodgy one
:eek: Ever since ive had my DSLR, well my second one ive suffered with a lot of noise in pictures when ive got the sky in them, Looking for Ideas on how i can improve my shots and settings to use,

Almost every time i use it i shoot in Program mode or occasionally aperture and shoot as low as possible ISO i can and use a fast shutter speed.

Heres the two pics ive took recently that ive been mildly happy with

clicky

shot on a Canon 40D with 17-85mm lens and a polarising filter on the clio pic, a UV filter on the Landscape, Seems to be only this particular lens i'm getting problems with and its not really a cheapie, Well not as cheap as my other kit lens i got on the 350d which i cen get better results with on these types of shot :eek:

No Exif and no 100% crops, not much to say really. Can't see any noise from those samples.

Are you doing any PP? Correcting underexposure?

Dodgy one
Ive uploaded a Crop so you can see, had a fiddle in PS and reduced noise but its still not great, Havent corrected and underexposure it seemed to be fine as it was, just played with the levels a bit. Not sure what you mean by PP

I'l upload the exifs, i cant find a site which'l allow me to keep them without going pro :(

edit: exifs up for Roseburry topping

PP, meant post processing. Flickr should let you keep the EXIF info.

Do you have a crop of the original before noise reduction. It was also shot at ISO 400 which won't be perfect, will come down to how good the exposure is and the quality of light.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
if its just that lens have you tried comparing a shot with and without the UV filter, often cheap filters can ruin image quality. Also have look on the web for the noise ninja photoshop pluggin