ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too much or spot on ?

Clio 172
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not i have paid to much at the garage i have just work done at. Work i have had done

-Eibach sportlines put on
-New wing mirror put on
-Tracking done
-Oil change
-New water pump fitted

So far it came too £194.13 but i have still to pay for the pump to be fitted which the guy said should only take half an hour, the reason i am asking is because this is this first time i have put anything into the garage and was just curious.

The service from them was great so i dont want to accuse them i just wanted someone on here with more knowledge than me to tell me if this is right. I also provided the springs, wing mirror and oil with the garage having to order the pump from Renault.

Clio 172
its a 172 ph2

The total will probably be around £220 or £230, i just wanted to know because as i said i havent been to a garage before and at least now i know i can go back there without having doubts.

The service is great and the guys seem good too so its a relief

Clio 172
Fitting the pump wont be easy. Expect it to be more.

He said half an hour and the way he was talking its only the labour i have to pay for. I will wait and see and let you guys know the total when i get back later on because i am going up at 4pm to get the pump fitted.

Thanks guys

Clio 172
sounds reasonalble, but the wing mirror is an easy DIY job.

I just put it all together mate so it was all done at once because i was away on a course for my work.

At least i know everything is done right, knowing my luck i'd put it on an it would fall off lol

Clio 182
Not a bad price can't be a very reputable garage though? I took my old car to Falcon motorsport and they attempted to charge me £150 just for fitting springs!

Clio 172
Not a bad price can't be a very reputable garage though? I took my old car to Falcon motorsport and they attempted to charge me £150 just for fitting springs!

Very reputable garage mate

It was Falkland performance in Glenrothes

Clio 172
Well final total was £283 so more than i expected

As others have mentioned some of the stuff can be DIY so i'll know in future, usually it wouldnt be a problem as my mate would help me but he is working away just now so because i just wanted it out the road i decided to just get it all done.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Kev up there is a good guy. He changed the belts on my cup and fitted my decat top bloke!

Clio 172
I spoke to Kev for a bit while i waited on the pump being fitted, i was telling him about a few garages i had been to to get quotes for tyres and how when i went in they didnt seem interested and in general the way they spoke made me feel like telling them to f**k off.

Will definitely go back to falkland because of the combination of a quality work and feeling welcomed. I cant stand the way some people are and i think there should be a law where you are allowed to knock out anyone who doesnt speak to you with respect lol.

Now would anyone like to tell me what i should do next lol

Alloys refurbed and painted along with bullets and other touch up work and buy new tyres or buy JMS induction setup if available run my old tyres into the ground until the better weather comes in?