ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too much pas fluid - advice please!

172 Flamer
Hello,

the steering on my Mk1 172 sometimes feels heavy & sometimes light. Tyre pressures are fine (about 32 psi up front & 30 on rears).

So, I checked my pas fluid reservior tank this morning before I went to work (cold engine - as recommended in manual) and the fluid level is right up at the neck of the tank by the cap threads! only a few cm's from the top!!!

The min - max indicator is only about 2/3 rds up the side of the tank so my fluid seems to be far too full. Should I drain some off so that it is back to within the min - max markers? Or maybe even empty the whole thing and fill her up with some fresh stuff? Or, is it ok for it to be so high?

Please advise.

Thanks!

172 Flamer
Do you just mean wash the tank out with warm water or is it more complex than that?!

Plus to drain it do I just pull the hose out of the bottom & let it all run into a jug?

BigBarry172 said:
Do you just mean wash the tank out with warm water or is it more complex than that?!

Plus to drain it do I just pull the hose out of the bottom & let it all run into a jug?
Don't run water through it.

I'd not bother realy unless it was very high.

J

jamesy

are you using the correct specfication? there are various different grades you know;)

172 Flamer
I've never touched the pas fluid since I got the car until now, so it must have been done either at my last service or whoever had the car before me!

J

Jim NM

I would get a syringe and draw off the excess to the max level, then have a drive around and see if it has made any difference:)
You can get syringes from pet shops.