ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too wide? Rota content.

used the arch roller to roll arches and also flare them a tad. grind the calipers down. no spacers on front and 3mm on rear to clear brake pads as wheels rub on them otherwise lol. not yet going to buy some camber shims soon for rear. will pm ya on instagram mate.

Yeah the fronts are okay, I just need to lower it a bit. I'll have to borrow an arch roller then, did you do the rear bumper as well or just the actual arch bit?

Quite a lot of grinding down then! I'll have to do that and see how it looks on 5mm spacers and downsize if it's still sticking out too much. Ooh yeah please matey :)

Mine were grid-vs so et20 but just to show how mine sat before and after grinded calipers, 172 cup stub axles, 2degree and 5mm spacers.

It could potentially work if you took a it more off calipers and ran 3mm spacers or had the wheels machined.

I had no arch work done either which didn't help but I had no rubbing after using some strategically placed bump stops.

Before
ry9ere3a.jpg

After
epu5uhy5.jpg

Very helpful as well mate, thank you. Luckily my wheels have already been lathed. I need to get a set of 172 stub axels now and see how it looks once I angle grind the callipers :)

Clio 172 ph2
Mine were grid-vs so et20 but just to show how mine sat before and after grinded calipers, 172 cup stub axles, 2degree and 5mm spacers.

It could potentially work if you took a it more off calipers and ran 3mm spacers or had the wheels machined.

I had no arch work done either which didn't help but I had no rubbing after using some strategically placed bump stops.

Before
ry9ere3a.jpg

After
epu5uhy5.jpg

got any more pics mate wanting to see on the camber not sure wether to get 1 or 2 degree camber .

WOW what an awful lot of faffing and effort to fit a set of wheels.
why not just get wheels with the correct offset that will actually just fit.
Plenty of wheels look great on the clios ?????????
OR ..........................................AM I JUST TOO OLD (ww1)

Haha yeah I think it will be a lot of work. I've wanted a set since I saw that first photo of the white 1.2/172 conversion with orange Rotas :p Fell in love with them now so don't want to have to sell them on lol!

I won't say say anything about your age! ;)

Still waiting on him to send me a photo, then I'll put one up

Okay dokey mate :) thanks! What car/wheels has he got btw?

got any more pics mate wanting to see on the camber not sure wether to get 1 or 2 degree camber .

Yeah sure. Bare in mind they run 1.5degree standard so mine was about -3.5 in total. Tyre wear wasn't really noticeable but I only did a couple thousand miles.

etugeva6.jpg
ygeze5ab.jpg

if you've got bored of faffing with these ill gladly come take them off your hands at weekend :p need to see them in flesh soon

Fiesta ST 150, sat on Cosworth wheels!

(AmD remap, Scorpion full system + mani, Eibach springs and Pipercross Induction too)

This is before the new wheels http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ing-Car-Scorpion-Roadtrip-Fiesta-ST-AmD-Essex

Oh yeah I remember seeing that thread! Should look nice on Cosworth wheels if they're the ones I'm thinking of!

Worth looking at the IVA manual for rules on coverage of wheels/tyre tread.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/iva-manual-for-vehicle-category-m1

Section 37 wheel guards

Thanks for that mate, I've print screened the wheel guard section. It just says the full breadth of the tire should be covered by the wheel guard.

if you've got bored of faffing with these ill gladly come take them off your hands at weekend :p need to see them in flesh soon

Haha :p I'll keep trying. Once I have some spare time I'll sort them out properly :) doubt it'll be before the next meet though ;)

If there was a smaller alternative that actually looked like part of the car then maybe. But I'm not a fan of the ones above at all!

Looks nice that does mate. I've seen a black ztec fiesta with similar wheels but they didn't stick out as much. Is he running spacers?

Nope, there's a similar set of wheels off a different ford that don't sit as wide and don't have as much concave! Running silly amount of stretch though, 195 tyres which should be 225 iirc!

Nope, there's a similar set of wheels off a different ford that don't sit as wide and don't have as much concave! Running silly amount of stretch though, 195 tyres which should be 225 iirc!

Ah right it's probably those ones that it has on then. I wouldn't like to go round a fast corner with those on lol! I'll have to drive nice and smooth with the Rotas too!

If there was a smaller alternative that actually looked like part of the car then maybe. But I'm not a fan of the ones above at all!

Looks nice that does mate. I've seen a black ztec fiesta with similar wheels but they didn't stick out as much. Is he running spacers?

Smooth them into the body and paint them? (Including the screw holes)

Maybe you could shop it ;)

Haha maybe, would need some serious work doing. I may as well just flare the arches properly lol!

I wonder if anyone has used something more subtle. Those ones are a bit in your face!

You can only flare the back though ;)

Whereas these are front and back

Also I bet you could make the angle less steep by sanding it before fitting it and this would bring them out less aswell

You can only flare the back though ;)

Whereas these are front and back

Also I bet you could make the angle less steep by sanding it before fitting it and this would bring them out less aswell

Yeah but the fronts are fine ;)

I guess so but I'm still not keen on the idea. Maybe on a different car it would look better.