ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

took a few shots on the motorway bridge

mk 2 172
had a play on the bridge, not the best location in the worls, but im happy with my 1st attempt.

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

For focusing, focus on the motorway using the AF, then switch it to manual focus. Then when you take your long exposure pic, the focus wont change :)

...or assuming the camera is nice and stable, just switch to MF and bump the Aperture up to about f16 or higher, pretty much everything will be in focus and any spot lights will appear as stars. AF at night is very hit and miss, I rarely use it.

mk 2 172
yes i was using a tripod, all i done was stick it in 's' mode with iso 200 and shutter speed at 20secs. that seem ok to you guys?

Ian

Focus TDCi
I do prefer that one. Not that I don't like the ones in the OP, but there seems to be soo many of these photos recently! Guess once I've seen a few B+W shots I'll be saying the same about them though :)

E30 318iS x2
I can't wait to go out and do this.

What sort of settings do you use? Only got my camera 2 days ago lol

Just put in into shutter priority, whack the shutter way up (like 10 seconds at least), and just go nuts!
Dont increase the ISO either, as the results will be really noisy.

mk 2 172
i found when i put my camerea in shutter priority (s mode). the iso automatically went up to 800 which looked pants, so i lowered it too 200.

Popped out last night and tried one of these...a bit earlier in the evening than yours.

3148168664_e5fd930a35_o.jpg

I think the key with these photos is Location, Location, Location. The bit of motorway I snapped is a little boring plus there are quite a few overhead lights...

Mk2 ph1 clio
id like to know how to get rid of the orange light effect if possible.. or at least make it less noticeable.. any methods of doing that without the aid of photoshop?