ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toooo low???

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
40 profile tyres on the front, get some coilovers with firmer dampers for the rear and drop the front another 30mm and it will look awesome :)

I always wanted d90's for mine but 8's and 9's

Ph2 - 172
What adapters u running to get the wheels on? U Any arch work done?

H&R 25mm spacers all round, rolled and slight pull to the rear arches and a bit of a bumper trim. On the fronts I haven't touched a thing. No arch liners removed from front or rear either :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Bring the back up a bit as you suggested and it'll be bang on. Like it a lot.
The thing is that will only make it look level, it will still look stupid as euro wheels + wheel arch gap = FAIL!

Get some coilovers and do the job properly :rasp:

Iceberg 172
Not a fan tbh. I can't stand d90's. I just don't get the hype. Only reason they're popular is the size and the Porsche badge.

Get some coilovers. Are you still running STD shocks?

Just a whole load of NO from me.

Ph2 - 172
but arent the d90s 5 stud and clios are 4?

Yes, maybe spacers wasn't the correct term, they are 4-5 stud adaptor spacers.

Not a fan tbh. I can't stand d90's. I just don't get the hype. Only reason they're popular is the size and the Porsche badge.

Get some coilovers. Are you still running STD shocks?

Just a whole load of NO from me.

Appreciate the view, but tbh I think they look sweet, and I would still have them if they were 4 stud and Renault wheels, fair enough the offset wouldn’t be as extreme but that can be sorted

It’s nice to be different too, I know the whole D90 thing has been done before, but nobody locally has them so it ticks that box for me straight away.

Currently running standard shocks whilst I decide what to do, I realise it’s not great for them, but no point spending more than I need too if I’m not going to keep them or change the set-up anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, colour matches perfect silver/grey.

Just a bawhair too low at the back tho.

Iceberg 172
That's fair enough. I like the euro look and used to have a smoothed and decked polo with a 20vt lump it's just d90's aren't to my taste.

But get the stance sorted, add a splitter at the front as it helps make the front look lower and it'll look good.

The 1 thing about the Clio for me is the fun it gives me. Running that low will ruin the handling and the fun for me.

Ph2 - 172
That's fair enough. I like the euro look and used to have a smoothed and decked polo with a 20vt lump it's just d90's aren't to my taste.

But get the stance sorted, add a splitter at the front as it helps make the front look lower and it'll look good.

The 1 thing about the Clio for me is the fun it gives me. Running that low will ruin the handling and the fun for me.

The Polo sounds interesting, if you have any pictures could you PM some over? Wouldn't mind seeing that.

A CF splitter is on the list, but I have another project that’s sapping all my funds, so that’ll have to wait :dapprove:

I agree with the handling side of things, it has impaired it slightly, although it does seem to turn in a lot better. I'm only planning on running them for the summer months anyway; unless I get sufficiently bored with the look or ride.

Iceberg 172
I'll pm you!

Save the money and get a skoda fabia splitter for a tenner. Running as low as you are I wouldn't want to risk smashing a £110 splitter up!

Ph2 - 172
I'll pm you!

Save the money and get a skoda fabia splitter for a tenner. Running as low as you are I wouldn't want to risk smashing a £110 splitter up!

Was thinking that after reading a post yesterday, 1 MAJOR thing puts me off though..... I have a serious carbon fetish! :eek:

Cheers for the PM, you've had some tidy cars.

Iceberg 172
I love carbon but now my Clio is quite low at the front I knew it'd get scuffed etc.

Mine scrapes over normal speed bumps so sod having a £100+ splitter scraping along the Tarmac!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
looks sweet cant help but think the profile of them tyres is 50 upwards (even tho you've said their 40's) they just look massive, looks ok but the front needs to go lower a fraction and the back not even 10mm but 5mm so its just enough

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
to save you the effort searching google for adaptors ill help ya, demon tweeks
Venom...

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
springs out,

angle grinder!

link off each of the front springs,

put them back in,

spot onm on the height anyways lol

Low 'n' Slow
to save you the effort searching google for adaptors ill help ya, demon tweeks
Venom...

You could have saved yourself the effort of typing that... my question was not where can i get adapters from? it was actually where did he get his adapters from?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You could have saved yourself the effort of typing that... my question was not where can i get adapters from? it was actually where did he get his adapters from?

Previous owner of the wheels no doubt, so your next port of call is 1 of many places inc 1 of the above.

mk2 phase 2 dci 105
yo dude, look sweet, but it needs to b lowwer. mi clio is sat on a set of d90s with an 10mm spacer on the rear plus the adapter, 5mm spacer plus adapter on front. its been dropped 90mm front and 100mm rear and sits sweet

mk2 phase 2 dci 105
home.php

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
somehow i think you have 7" wide D90's unlike OP who has 9" rears and iirc 8.5" fronts

mk2 phase 2 dci 105
i made the adapters at work, as mi a engineering:D. also the car was completly standard when i brought it....