ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top 5 Boring cars!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone understand why a man would want to drive a slow 1.2 hatchback or any other slow boring car? Ive never got my head round it. Balls to saving money,you only live once!

Boring, cheap to drive commuter through the week and a fun car for the weekend is the way to go.

Keeps the miles off the toy and makes it more special to drive. I'm currently in a 65mpg 0-60 in 17 seconds lupo diesel for my commute to work but then have the turboed clio for weekends.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Pug 206.
Daewoo Matiz
Fiat Seicento
Any people carrier, ever.
BMWs.
Well.
url.jpg

RS Clio 182
Boring, cheap to drive commuter through the week and a fun car for the weekend is the way to go.

Keeps the miles off the toy and makes it more special to drive. I'm currently in a 65mpg 0-60 in 17 seconds lupo diesel for my commute to work but then have the turboed clio for weekends.

Im talking about people who have only ever had slow cars hehe....how sad can your life be.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Im talking about people who have only ever had slow cars hehe....how sad can your life be.
Some (most) people just aren't interested. They won't care that you've saved for three months to have your inlets matched.
To them, a car is just an appliance. They cook their food with an oven and get to work in a car.
Prescribe one Volkswagen Audi Group car. Finance White or Same As Everyone Else Grey, then join the commuter grind until you die.

RS Clio 182
Some (most) people just aren't interested. They won't care that you've saved for three months to have your inlets matched.
To them, a car is just an appliance. They cook their food with an oven and get to work in a car.
Prescribe one Volkswagen Audi Group car. Finance White or Same As Everyone Else Grey, then join the commuter grind until you die.

Yeah i have thought that most people must think like this,and theyre not into cars in the slightest. Something i cant understand...if anything its handy to have a bit of power if you need to overtake...i suppose this is another thread topic - but in my mind these are just 'boring' people who want to grind through life.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Mondeos actually have a great chassis. I wouldn't call them boring.
An Audi A3 TDI with extra S Line badges is boring.
I find them boring to look at personally - and they're usually driven by halfwits round here - although the same could be said for any marque these days.

I don't have any S-Line badges on my A3 :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Totally agree with you. And where I have sympathy for the poor saps who's fleet manager has gone "there you go - there's your new boggo Krautwagen" - I don't understand the people who aspire to such sheep-like anonymity. A work colleague of my wife has bought in the last few months a Megane GT-Line. A few years on the clock, but it looks a smart car overall and one I really don't see much of. Yet she would donate that car along with a few valuable organs for the entry-level Audi A1.

I'd rather pump £800 into a ropey Mazda RX8 and hope I got six months out of it than shout ten Hail Mary's at the Gates of The Four-Ringed badge - joining the other 26 iterations of the same car that I see on the daily commute.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree with you. And where I have sympathy for the poor saps who's fleet manager has gone "there you go - there's your new boggo Krautwagen" - I don't understand the people who aspire to such sheep-like anonymity. A work colleague of my wife has bought in the last few months a Megane GT-Line. A few years on the clock, but it looks a smart car overall and one I really don't see much of. Yet she would donate that car along with a few valuable organs for the entry-level Audi A1.

I'd rather pump £800 into a ropey Mazda RX8 and hope I got six months out of it than shout ten Hail Mary's at the Gates of The Four-Ringed badge - joining the other 26 iterations of the same car that I see on the daily commute.
I'm on the other side of the fence really. As someone who has little to no time to spend with cars - in fact, I don't really have the inclination these days either - having a nice car to pootle about in works well for me. Now, by nice I mean that there are much more luxurious cars out there, with better levels of equipment etc, but for the daily commute / trip to the shops etc, a car with spec levels like mine is perfect for me - without killing me in tax.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I find them boring to look at personally - and they're usually driven by halfwits round here - although the same could be said for any marque these days.

I don't have any S-Line badges on my A3 😧
You didn't tick the "£50 more a month for some logos" option then.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on the other side of the fence really. As someone who has little to no time to spend with cars - in fact, I don't really have the inclination these days either - having a nice car to pootle about in works well for me. Now, by nice I mean that there are much more luxurious cars out there, with better levels of equipment etc, but for the daily commute / trip to the shops etc, a car with spec levels like mine is perfect for me - without killing me in tax.
I think that's a fair distinction. On paper, such cars do well - and will hold their value come trade-in/sale time. But I don't quite get my head around lusting for such a car. As you say, it does the job, isn't going to crucify you on tax - yet I can't imagine you fapping yourself silly over the notion of owning one. An S3, RS3, Golf R, etc on the other hand - I get. They do a lot above the 'norm' barrier and can in turn justify their premium price and running costs, along with their desirability.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I think that's a fair distinction. On paper, such cars do well - and will hold their value come trade-in/sale time. But I don't quite get my head around lusting for such a car. As you say, it does the job, isn't going to crucify you on tax - yet I can't imagine you fapping yourself silly over the notion of owning one. An S3, RS3, Golf R, etc on the other hand - I get. They do a lot above the 'norm' barrier and can in turn justify their premium price and running costs, along with their desirability.
I know what you mean - I'm happy to have the car, it's certainly a lot better at its job than my old 182 would've been, the same goes for my Passat. I wouldn't have put a poster of it on my wall, like I did a F355 or F50 though!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean - I'm happy to have the car, it's certainly a lot better at its job than my old 182 would've been, the same goes for my Passat. I wouldn't have put a poster of it on my wall, like I did a F355 or F50 though!
Haha - I had a series 1 RS-Turbo on mine! Chavtastic Achieveable Dreams......