ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top 5 Boring cars!

Listerine & Poledo
Kia Rio
Daewoo [insert model range here]
Golf Mk.5/6/7 (non go-faster models)
Peugeot 208
Vauxhall Corsa

Oh the Mondeo, always on the list of 'boring' cars even though its always up there in best in class. I've owned many a boring car and the Mondeo has never felt boring to me and I've owned a fair few of them now, from a 1.8 to the 3.0.

Most boring car I've owned was a Peroua Nippa, lol.

perodua-kancil-nippa-in-the-united-kingdom-2.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.
Most boring car I've owned was a Peroua Nippa, lol.

View attachment 192876

Lol, i was driving my cousin's one of these once, and the bonnet flew up at 65mph. Proper scary. Luckily, it's made of tin foil, so just folded it back down, gave it a thump and it shut again and never went wrong again, lol. The bonnet was so flimsy it didn't even break the screen or dent the roof!

Lol, i was driving my cousin's one of these once, and the bonnet flew up at 65mph. Proper scary. Luckily, it's made of tin foil, so just folded it back down, gave it a thump and it shut again and never went wrong again, lol. The bonnet was so flimsy it didn't even break the screen or dent the roof!
Mental aren't they, as you say made of tinfoil. I dread the think what they'd be like in a decent shunt 🙈

Listerine & Poledo
The old Matiz wasn't much better, but with the old 3-pot, if the rear box fell off (which wouldn't be too long after warranty expires) then you had a fun noise to be slow to

RS Clio 182
Can anyone understand why a man would want to drive a slow 1.2 hatchback or any other slow boring car? Ive never got my head round it. Balls to saving money,you only live once!

Astra TT
Vauxhall Agila
Vauxhall Vectra Diesel (spent 3 years in one. Not literally, like I could get out and stuff)
Renault Scenic
Perodua
Ford Fiesta

Swift Sport
I think my idea of boring is a little different to most on here. I quite like driving little shitboxes because they have character.
Anything quiet and comfortable with no redeemable features bores me, so any Vauxhall diesels, German VAG diesels and pretty much anything modern from Hyundai or Kia.
I think I'd rather have that Perodua Nippa than most modern Ecoboxes!

Listerine & Poledo
Can anyone understand why a man would want to drive a slow 1.2 hatchback or any other slow boring car? Ive never got my head round it. Balls to saving money,you only live once!
Because they were so busy being a big man in their 2.0 hatchback that they didn't notice the fence they crashed through, and now they can't be trusted with anything more?

Possibly?

It entirely depends what sort of driving you do.

I agree with @Mr Burns abotu small hatches being a laugh, but only on twisty backroads and in towns. On a long motorway run theyre awful.

Likewise I had a hilarious laugh at the weekend driving a P38 range rover with straight through exhausts down to Goodwood. I wouldnt want to commute in it however.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Fiat 500s. Zero redeeming features
Any modern, white, poverty spec status car
Any crossover
Any small SUV
Most city cars

This may be a hatred of these in general rather than them being exclusively boring but...

BMW 2 series gt or whatever the f**k that rebadged Vauxhall zafira is called. Exclusively owned by pricks who think they can drive in the outside lane because their zafira has a German badge. You're still a useless mess. f**k off.

The original Vauxhall agila. Does anything else scream 'I have given up on life' as much?

Swift Sport
It entirely depends what sort of driving you do.

I agree with @Mr Burns abotu small hatches being a laugh, but only on twisty backroads and in towns. On a long motorway run theyre awful.

Likewise I had a hilarious laugh at the weekend driving a P38 range rover with straight through exhausts down to Goodwood. I wouldnt want to commute in it however.

Even if a car is awful on long runs it still doesn't mean it's boring! The demand for quiet, safe, comfortable and easy-to-drive cars is higher than ever, so the dullest cars tend to be the new ones!

Swift Sport
Ever driven or seen a City Rover, no? That'll be because they are awful as f**k!
When the 'worst car you've driven' thread was kicking about, the City Rover got my vote... And that was after 4 years of working at a car supermarket!

Swift Sport
Some audis.

V6/8/10 and awd is a brilliant combination. They don't even need to be fast. Just have the vee noise and room for the family and dog.
Brilliant, but ultimately boring. Two of my friends have modified S4's and a couple have mapped TT's, and none of them put a smile on my face.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Every modern mass produced road car, they are all boring! They are all far too big, heavy and full of mounds of pointless gadgetry. I mean there is nothing wrong with that, people are spending more and more time in their cars on long journeys and that's fine but they are just boring to me.

I prefer cheap small s**t box project cars in which some proper backyard engineering has been involved, decent brake and suspension upgrades, custom fabrication, stripped to the bone, some form of engine swap or forced induction on the standard lump. I got massive respect for people who pour their heart and soul into making something interesting, to me that's cool. Then get it on track and hoon the crap out of it, doesn't have to have "BIG POWER" which many believe to be the source of "cool" to be fun.

Last edited:
Even if a car is awful on long runs it still doesn't mean it's boring! The demand for quiet, safe, comfortable and easy-to-drive cars is higher than ever, so the dullest cars tend to be the new ones!

It means it's boring on a long run, which was my point. A small hatch is fun in town or on the Twisties and boring when you're on a long run with no acceleration at motorway speeds.

Horses for courses!

Swift Sport
It means it's boring on a long run, which was my point. A small hatch is fun in town or on the Twisties and boring when you're on a long run with no acceleration at motorway speeds.

Horses for courses!
I think it's more frustrating than boring, but I know where you're coming from. Something quiet and refined is still dull in comparison, but I understand that overtaking power has its benefits.