ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top end

renault clio dci (100)
whats everyone had out of their clios top end.petrol or diesel.

I have a clio dci 100 pushed mine to 124 so far.

A Euro'd one...
In my 1.2 16v Dynamique ive managed 120mph, on a gradient of course! Well thats what the speedo said anyway. On average around 112-113mph tops.

120 in the diesel down a hill on the race track.
1215 in a stright line in Germany.
65hp model.
120 maybe 130 in the Williams never maxed out though it will almost hit the limiter in top though.

MK2 Clio V6 255
Had it flat out 153, took alot of concentration things happen so fast then my mate overtook doin 170 in his r34 skyline.

Made me look like I was sat still:dapprove:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
hahaha. nice and legal there martin! iv had 114mph out of my 1.4rt the manual says that that is the top speed! and the car is 10 years old!

Patrick_g46 said:
hahaha. nice and legal there martin! iv had 114mph out of my 1.4rt the manual says that that is the top speed! and the car is 10 years old!
Martins alter ego is the speed obsesed one.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ok I confess....

72mph:rasp:

I've never been to germany so I could'nt say how fast my car will go....

clio 200 F4Rt
limiter in 5th in my 182 cup, speedo indicated about 152, real speed, probably closer to 135.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Hit the limiter in my old 172 in 5th.
The 182 has done about 120.cherished little thing that she is

ian

Focus ST
110 mph around the North Circular (London).
Then found that one of the rear shocks had gone (completely),
Little scared now.....:S

cock mobile.
Indicated 135mph, think it would have went more, but I got scared lol.

Top speeds generally don't do anything for me anyway, it's the acceleration I love.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Speedo reading of 140mph is 133mph on GPS in mine. Still had plenty left in it and had about 500 revs left before hitting the limiter too.

Clio Williams
130mph with five people in it and still going in my williams on a German autobahn, one advantage of having a German fiancee.

Clio Williams
sh33n said:
Indicated 135mph, think it would have went more, but I got scared lol.

Top speeds generally don't do anything for me anyway, it's the acceleration I love.

I agree:approve:

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Just over 130 on the clock,it was hitting the limiter anyway.
That was just a one off to try it out!

Ziel Nurburgring
Germany- hit limiter in 5th, indicated about 148 no GPS at the time(and at that speed you concencrate more on the road than the speedo, lol). Next time i'll varify it. Reckon it was about 138/140 ish

None
115mph on the speedo, could go upto 120mph on the clocks (kind of hurts when you land at the bottom of the clliff tho lol) not sure what it is on GPS - most ive had it so far on gps is 89mph as havent had a chance to test it properly yet

Clio Williams
blink172 said:
Lol, its an odd feeling doing about twice what other cars are doing on the road.

In Germany with all the Audi's BMW's and Merc's believe me I felt slow doing 130mph although I think I surprised a few, I mean it is still a clio:)

172cup
kullycliosport said:
135-137mph ish ....the green gear light came on , eased off then .not much really

same here (172cup)..... had it reading 142 but that was over very long period of time. Kind of dies at 130mph

BMW Z4 3.0i
140 on a slight downward slope on the M5. This was the speed indicated on the speedo, I was in fifth gear. I think it was reading about 5500-6000rpm and wouldn't go any faster. (speed limiter kicks in at about 6750rpm)

ITB'd GDI Original?
Hit the limiter at the end of 5th at around 152 indicated, probably about 140 in 'real' speed.