ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Gear - 182....

Lots of Alfas
It wasnt a cup, I think clarkson got mixed up with the terminology, it was quicker than the V6 because the Vee went in a soaking wet track and went through the finishing line backwards...:cool: The stig was confident it could do better but ended up spinning off the track, did 2X360 spins and ended up in the grass!

Clio Sport xxx
That just goes to show how good the saxo was and still is

Not really true... the Saxo was driven by an ex racing driver, and the Clio by a.... well woman (albeit a relatively good female driver, but still)!! lol Swap the drivers and i rekon the Clio would have pulled away round the corners too.

Snotter's
i would hardly call VBH just a woman driver !!! what you see on track is very accurate. Both cars very close with the clio just having the edge with its extra power.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Not really true... the Saxo was driven by an ex racing driver, and the Clio by a.... well woman (albeit a relatively good female driver, but still)!! lol Swap the drivers and i rekon the Clio would have pulled away round the corners too.

Just an example of how many racing stories we get with good and bad driver comments,and you cant nock the handling of the saxo

Clio Sport xxx
i would hardly call VBH just a woman driver !!! what you see on track is very accurate. Both cars very close with the clio just having the edge with its extra power.

You dont need half a brain cell to work out VBH wasn't as brave in the corners, Tiff had to brake mid corner to avoide the rear end of the clio. I wasn't trying to insult her driving, but let me put it another way... Tiff is a better driver

Last edited:
I remember seeing this a while ago. Clarkson says it's uncomfortable in one breath, then says it's amazingly comfortable in the next. He's a funny guy but I would never take his opinion on any car too seriously :)

Clio Sport xxx
dear o dear... i actually said she was a realatively good female driver. Granted, my point was put forward in my original post with a light-hearted 'male chovanistic' slant to it... people obviously didnt see the funny side to it :rolleyes:

Still stand by my point that Tiff is a superiour driver to her

Saxo VTS

How good the Saxo is? Hmmm, only if you are 12 would you think the Saxo is good. Total tish, and made of cardboard it is so crap.

You clearly know f**k all about cars.

I suggest you put your car in Auto Trader and hand your liscence in to the DVLA and use public transport from this day forth.

/Anyway

I remember seeing this episode with the 182. Typical Clarkson though, ****, ****, ****, but in the end he says how good it is. Just shows that with these French hatches the proof really is in the pudding; stick it on a track and push it and it'll show you an awesome time!

I want a Clio 1*2 :D

BG 182
I had a saxo furio as my first car and I never had one problem with it! It was so reliable and very easy to find some kool modifying bits! I'll always love Saxo's! Shame the guy who bought mine wrote the fecker off couple of weeks ago!