ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top gear clio 182 review

2014 Clio 200t edc
Don't like the shopping list down the door on the one the stig races round the track!!
Malay it appears to have cup suspension, splitter and satnav but no spoiler?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Don't like the shopping list down the door on the one the stig races round the track!!
Malay it appears to have cup suspension, splitter and satnav but no spoiler?

Cup spoiler wasn't fitted when nav was specced. Something to do with the spoiler catching the GPS aerial.

It's (the episode) is old enough for it to be a decent review though which is nice.

Not like the 200 being inferior to the DS3 & Abarth because James May is slower around Monaco, you can't fit 18 people in it and because James May couldn't swap a CD for some petrol (or whatever)...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I doubt it, they're media cars supplied by Renault that get raped by every journalist in the land,
worth about £50quid after everyone's had a go with it.

I actually sold that car when I worked at renault.

The guy brought it back and demanded a refund after his friend showed him the TG review on youtube.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He was livid.

We ended up swapping it for an Inferno cup. He then proceeded to fit 18 inch chrome wheels and blacked out windows....

172 Sport
Is this new or old TG? Not the one where the fat sausage fingered prick complains about the seat only having two positions?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yep that's the one, he slags it off to begin with, then says it's amazing to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Sport
Yeah, that review kind of swung me to actually test drive a Clio.

Such a strange review, he picks fault in all of the things that I see as minor and skirts over any serious issue.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They don't have any serious issues,
iirc no Clio in history has ever gone wrong, had bits break or fall of, or ever broken down.

172 Sport
They don't have any serious issues,
iirc no Clio *Cup in history has ever gone wrong, had bits break or fall of, or ever broken down.

Edited for accuracy, everything fitted with Turini's and a cup spoiler from new has ever gone wrong, had bits break or fall of, or ever broken down.

Clio V6
Especially on a track. Would love to have seen the time on a dry lap, it would have been very close.

clio172cup
The v6 wasn't much quicker than the 182, but I always remember it being in another league in the mid range, when I first bought mine me and my son would go for a ride and we'd be talking away then all of a sudden he would say, dad your doing 80! That side of it was totally different from my 182