ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top gear survey

Megane 225 baby! :)

no wonder the Clio only scored 111/137 - iirc the link was put up on here? havent we have all had a gripe about our cars at one stage or another! :devilish:

besides which if 5000 clio owners say "hmm not bad but . . . . " and 5 jag owners say "best car ever", which one is gonna score better percentage wise?

No bloody wonder!

My wifes Cup has 4k on the clock, and the dashboard rattles, the doorcards rattle, it has had starting problems and feels like a 10 year old car, not a 6 month old car! :(

Its official, Renaults are $hite!!!!

Still, at least my car came 15th! ;)

Elise/VX220/R26

nah reno quality is just AWFUL. My new 172 was delivered with basic stuff like trim missing. The engine doesnt tick over properly, it has about 3 seperate ratttles, bad suspesion and wierd feedback from the cluth when you reverse it.

Thats the first 6 months! If it wasnt such a fantastic car I would get rid!

The Jinx

All of Renaults range in the bottom 20. Cant wait to swap mine back to a Xsara. (placed 90)

I seem to be getting a new rattle every week.

I think renualt done quite well. I was expecting renault to not even be on the list. Renault could have given a free pen to suck up to top gear, imagine what would have happened then, the pen wouldnt work and top gear wouldnt be able to write renault at the end of the list. Or top gear may have seen how bad the clio was slated by owners and decided they had to test it, the car would break and top gear would be stuck in the garage with a renault specially trained technition banging his spanner against the exhaust to see if he can find where the rattles are coming from.

believe it or not, as much as everyone moans about build quality and reliability, top gears survery is based on a lot of opinions, as stated all it takes is 500 unhappy punters to have a gripe and were in the bottom section. FACT WHICH mag did s recent report on warrenty claims to get a true indication on reliability, the clio was 9th oout of 130 cars in the number of claims per 100 vehicles i.e. very very reliable, you only hear about the bad things, theres probably 1000s of very happy clio owners who didnt bother to reply to the survey, if we did, the clio would be near the top!!!!!!

You will find that there is a minimum number of feedback required for the survey and it isnt a case of 5 out of 5 Octavia drivers were well happy, hence high placing, whereas 50 out of 100 Clio owners were happy, hence low placing.

This is non-representative, so you will find that the survey will have had to ask a similar number of people the questions in order to comapre the cars on a "level playing field"