ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOP GEARS 20 BEST CARS OF ALL TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
didnt do bad for a car on 15 year old tyres/suspension did it.....yes the tyres and susp are the same ones it came out the showroom with. with newer replacements it would have been even better.
Just to clear up, it did get beat?

Pumped?

Not as good as the 172?

I thank you.

Golf 7R
No it's true. I read that the Williams was on perished, dangerous tyres, and that the dampers were leaking all over the track. Tiff wasn't best pleased (or so the story goes), so they put fresh rubber and dampers on. Then he went back out and lapped 35 seconds quicker than a remapped Caparo T1 on slicks.

FLMAO.

williams and trophy
Really?

I'm genuinely sceptical - wouldn't the tyres would have turned to crap by now (perished or with flat-spots if it's been static)?

yes REALLY granted the bonnet/wings etc arent the originals, you can tell by all the overspray behind the lights etc....btw car was no.0002 strombas mums. ;)

i have the original spare tyres still, again 15 years+ old, michelin hx they still look ok, but i wouldnt want to press on with them. tyres have come a looooong way since then. and seeing as tho they are the only point of contact with the road, i wouldnt trust them.

williams and trophy
Just to clear up, it did get beat?

Pumped?

Not as good as the 172?

I thank you.

it got compared against a 197...i personally didnt see any lap times did you??

i also didnt hear tiff say the 197 was better than the williams, only that it was the better car out of the current crop of hot hatches......go figure ;)

williams and trophy
No it's true. I read that the Williams was on perished, dangerous tyres, and that the dampers were leaking all over the track. Tiff wasn't best pleased (or so the story goes), so they put fresh rubber and dampers on. Then he went back out and lapped 35 seconds quicker than a remapped Caparo T1 on slicks.

i think u heard all wrong.

and i think ur talking bull......for a change.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
ffs, a collection of the mk1 owners on here really are getting boring. Closed another thread that you have ruined. If I see it again in another thread then any-one baiting will receive infractions and a ban. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.