ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount prices, main dealer

Octavia vRS tfsi
Guys, how much to Renault front top mounts sell for in a UK dealers? I priced them in an Irish dealers today - €125+vat per side, so about €300 for a pair, or £245stg. Solid alloy topmounts from K-tec are only £175stg for the pair!:rolleyes:

Also, manifold to cat flange bolts ... £60stg:rolleyes:

Ian

Lionel Richie
RS clio 2.0 16v 172/182 top mount 7701207806 £50+vat

exhaust manifold kit £37+vat 6000073668

for a 1.2 16v the top mounts are half price and the same thing! 7701472254 £25+vat

Octavia vRS tfsi
for a 1.2 16v the top mounts are half price and the same thing! 7701472254 £25+vat

Have you put these on an RS Fred? Are they as durable as the Sport specific ones?

Seems strange that they have the same part for sale at half price :headno:

BMW M135i
Have you put these on an RS Fred? Are they as durable as the Sport specific ones?

Seems strange that they have the same part for sale at half price :headno:

yeah, i PROMISE they're the same thing
Yep he's right renault seem to have this strange idea of giving the same part a few different part numbers and prices, the megane 225 airbox has 5 iirc!

Octavia vRS tfsi
Cool, will definitely be picking myself up a set of standard 1.2 mounts so I think. Unless someone can really justify to me that the pros of solid top mounts really do actually outweigh the cons ..

The more I deal with Renault main dealers the odder and odder they bloody get.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, will definitely be picking myself up a set of standard 1.2 mounts so I think. Unless someone can really justify to me that the pros of solid top mounts really do actually outweigh the cons ..

The more I deal with Renault main dealers the odder and odder they bloody get.

I know what you mean. I had to check and double check when getting the nearside track-rod end earlier this week. They had four versions listed, though three of which could be fitted with the same type.

Apparently, I was supposed to read out the part number on the steering rack in order to confirm that I had the right one. Erm, a tad excessive I think!

D.

Octavia vRS tfsi
I've considered both the K-tec solid top mount and these AST top mounts but essentially I think I'm going to go with replacement OEM mounts. The car is predominantly road use only with about 6 or 7 trackdays a year. Solid mounts are probably overkill on Irish roads which are nowhere close to the standard of the roads in the UK.

Qashcow
ah fair enough, mines going to be used on about the same number of track days but is my 2nd vehicle and as you say, the roads are possibly better here than ireland.

never been to ireland, may have to visit sometime lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
RS clio 2.0 16v 172/182 top mount 7701207806 £50+vat

exhaust manifold kit £37+vat 6000073668

Nice one Fred! And is this the rubber doughnut, washer bearing and metal collar type thing? Basically all you need?

Clio 182 with Cup packs
Sorry to hijack the thread but this is what were are talking about, right: Top mount.jpg

That's with steering on full lock (turning circle - what a joke!).

Do they all move and stick out like that? I struggle to see how any sort of steering geometry can be maintained with that much movement at one end.