ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount woes

Clio 182 sport
Soooooooooooooooooo new problem as of yesterday to go with the other million ive got atm lol , a loud squeaking noise everytime i turn had a ganders today and the top mounts had a pretty large gap between them and the body so ive tightened them up today but they are still not sitting right and the squeaking is still there just slightly less....im guessing i need new top mounts and bearings question is do i get standard or go for solid ones and how easy to do alone rather than goto the garage cheers as always

renault clio 1.4 16v
the mounts do sit above the body work, can try jacking up the front and loosen the bolts lightly then give the steering a turn to see if it is indeed the mounts... they last quite a long time so just replace them if they're dead,

can do them at home if you have a spring compressor, not a bit job, will need alignment done once they are replaced

Clio 182 sport
the mounts do sit above the body work, can try jacking up the front and loosen the bolts lightly then give the steering a turn to see if it is indeed the mounts... they last quite a long time so just replace them if they're dead
Cheers bro the drivers side one was way above though and even slightly angled before i tightened it .. ill follow your plan in the morning just to be certain thanks again :smile:

dont have a spring compressor so may just let the garage do them if it is indeed that depending on how much they will charge me if too much ill just buy a compressor and diy it

renault clio 1.4 16v
yea a garage wont charge much labor to do it, half a hour a side max, the expensive part is the mounts...

paid around 100 bucks (5 pounds) for a set of spring compressors or clamps, what ever you want to call them.

Clio 182 sport
yea a garage wont charge much labor to do it, half a hour a side max, the expensive part is the mounts...

paid around 100 bucks (5 pounds) for a set of spring compressors or clamps, what ever you want to call them.
yeah thinking i might go down that route tbh no doubt ill need them again at some point ..muchos gracious for the heads up if it is the mounts think im gonna get some solid ones the ones ive found aint much dearer than the oem runner ones cheers again bro

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get me wrong, mine we squeaky - but only stood still turning the wheel.

Everything was tight, and everything was new, and people said it was normal. So I left well alone. :)

Clio 182 sport
Don't get me wrong, mine we squeaky - but only stood still turning the wheel.

Everything was tight, and everything was new, and people said it was normal. So I left well alone. :smile:
probably sound advice .. but its gonna drive me insane lol ill get her jacked up tommoz and see whats what

Clio 182 sport
Ends up being the ball joint .. purchased a splitter and new balljoint will do soon as they arrive thanks for all your advice