ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top mounts ( yes another thread on them!)

RS 182 CUP
just found out my top mounts are worn, now im just wanting to know how much, if any, do solid top mounts change/ improve your handling and ride quality. can i get uprated ones without being solid eg; powerflex ? tnx for any advice.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Loved my AST ones, made the world of difference in my fast road driving experience with them.

RS 182 CUP
did you lose any ride quality? i use it daily n dont wanna break any eggs when i get shopping!

Westy. MX5
Some say OE top mounts are good enough , I have no problem with them and do a few trackdays. Others change them for solid/fixed ones for what reason, I don't know. Never heard of uprated Powerflex types though.

RS 182 CUP
i checked the threads but couldnt find anything that could satisfy my curiosity. if theyre good enough for racers then il stick to OE. tnx guys.

ITB'd MK1
cup racers use O/E dont they?

Also there are loads of threads on this tbh

I believe thats because they have to though. I know other classes of motorsport prohibit doing such things depending which class you're in.

I see no downside to solid mounts personally

Clio Sport Mk1
Hi Guys,

Greeny, could you please tell us a bit more about the AST top mounts ? Do you have the adjustable version allowing to change both camber and castor ?? It seems that AST are the only one allowing to adjust castor, is that efficient ? I have a slight castor discrepancy between my L/R front wheels (less than 1deg), I don't know if I can fix this with the AST top mounts.

Thanks. Cheers,

Mowg.