ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Topgear Exhaust

Lionel Richie

Ive booked my car in for an exhaust to be fitted on saturday morning@Topgear in West Brom. Im going for a centre exit!!!

r u gonna have a cut out on ur bumper? as itll look better than just poking out underneath, post me some pics to me when u get it done mate
antonio_choi@hotmail.com

Lionel Richie

Its going under the bumper cos the spare wheel well is in the way. Im eventually gonna get a rear valance for it anyway.

you know this club has a 10% discount with top gear right?
If there is any trouble, call 08009805338 an ask for steve....talk to him about it.

o i, renton from redline have to have his wheel well cut for his exhaust, wont fancy doing that to a new car tho would u

GR7

Shiny red R32

Fred, a friend of mine has put a new exhaust on his black 172 and it looks great. It pokes out through the rear valance rather than underneath. I have a picture of it if you post your e-mail address. This is what he did.

He made the rear exhaust fit, which is stainless steel, by shortening the bend which goes over the rear sub frame, so that it comes out of the rear valance. He made up a template and held it on the valance with masking tape and very carefully drilled out the hole.

To get it right on the valance, he first of all cut off the rear silencer and held up the big bore one and marked it at rear of valance, by marking centre and then drilling the hole in centre and then cut and filed to suit. The silencer is now up high and does not get caught on anything, the exhaust shield at the rear was bought from John at D/Tweeks.

The shield at the rear has dummy bolt heads on it but when fitted he drilled through them and put on stainless
steel round allan key nuts and bolts and then painted them black as the shield is aluminium when new.

Dont know if this will help you with your exhaust!

Lionel Richie

Its costing £220 plus £80 if i decided to whip the CAT off as well!!! Im not yet a member so i cant get the 10%off (ive joined Paypal, but i have to wait for my credit card statement to come through) SK8FRED@aol.com, but im not fussed about the bumper thing im getting a rear valance that has a cut out in it for the exhaust

Lionel Richie

Ive got it fitted!!!! Sounds mint, really throaty!! Unfortunatley i couldnt get the centre exit cos of the spare wheel well so i went for the regular position with a boxer tailpipe. The bloke said my exhaust is already stainless steel so he recommended just putting a back box on, so in the end it only cost £140