ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torqamp

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Anyone seen this?

Cant help but think if it works would be a great mod for a 1*2....

Web results
TORQAMP – Boost any engine like a boss!

Reactions: Gus

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Clever bit of kit if it's reliable.

48V unit operates it and it's a short burst jobby. Saw a video on YouTube a week or 2 back and it was genuinely increasing BHP during operation.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I've seen a video recently on YouTube where they fitted this to a car with impressive results. It costs $2500 which isn't too bad as you don't need an intercooler or messing with the exhaust.

Clio would be perfect for this

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Yeah think I saw that what I thought, cheap modest gains but enough to be very meaningful on a light car

It's nearly 3000 euros delivered so you'd like to think it wouldn't catch fire, or that the battery can actually cope with constant charge/discharge in a hot engine bay etc.

The page with dyno graphs is interesting. Basically it doesn't flow over 200bhp. So on the mini cooper, bmw 118, citroen DS etc it genuinely adds a ton of peak power. On the supra, forester, 911 etc it just torque-fills until you reach an RPM where you'd make 200bhp anyway, then it looses a bit of peak power because it becomes a small obstruction even with this "diverter valve" thing.

5kw motor / 48v = 104A. So if you had a really beefy alternator you could run it full time? Otherwise an 8ah battery lasts 4.6 minutes?

Could be great for hill climbs, sprinting or getting out of slow hairpins etc.

Think it's really cool that you can start to buy aftermarket mild hybrid stuff though.

dan's cast offs.
interesting none of the dyno results show afr, call me cynical. also stock ecu can't run with boost, overall it's waaaaaaaaaaaay expensive for what it will do.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cletus McFarland did a video last week. Really good.

fueling was adored to suit though as you’d expect