ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque Settings Needed A1 Tech Studs and Blox Alloy Wheel Nuts

Cup In bits
Yes loctite the studs into hubs, 100nm should be fine for the torque. Depending if the car will be a track car (90% track) where I don't advise copper grease on threads, just some wd40 now and again. Road car then yes.

03 clio sport asc
just to clarify I got a bit excited on the weekend and installed the studs, i added 2 locked nuts together and then torqued the studs to 100NM onto the hubs with some lock tight. seems instructions for other studs are only 20 NM. Have I made a major mess here?

Cup In bits
Good luck getting them out when needed without damaging them. 100nm for the studs into the hubs themselves is a bit much tbh, probably a bit more stress on the thread shoulder than was needed but they should be okay, the wheel nuts should be torqued to around 100nm

03 clio sport asc
so I have changed from the alloy nuts to generic looking steel nuts, should these also be torqued to 100NM?

Cup In bits
So you switched from factory bolts over to studs and nuts? Manufacturer of them should have instructions of some kind. I would torque to 100nm if there ain't guidelines.