ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torque

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
me and a friend r having argument over would a 1.8 8v clio be quicker of the moark than a 1.8 16v be cause the 8v has more torque witch also think is crap!!!

535d / t5 caravelle
dont know but if it did i reckon you'd real the fucker in once those revs climb!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Two identical engines, one with 16v and the other with 8v. The 16v will produce more power AND torque.

The difference will be minimal anyway as it's more to do with the displacement than anything else.

80MPG BEEZA
8v are slower my mate had a 1.4 8v pug and my 1.2 16v took him easy :) ahh the good days of stupidly fast 1.2's

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Technically the 8v will produce more low rev torque, but off the line the 16v owner can hold the revs at 4-5k or whatever.. so no the 16v would win everytime.

1998 BMW e46 323i
cliokhunt said:
Two identical engines, one with 16v and the other with 8v. The 16v will produce more power AND torque.

The difference will be minimal anyway as it's more to do with the displacement than anything else.

"THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT":rasp: