ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torrent warning email

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
I started with newsgroups very recently and they're fantastic. However personally, I find searching for stuff I want especially tv shows is a lot more difficult IMO of course

Bus w**ker
Which organisation is the original complaint from? If it's a yank one (RIPA or MPAA) just ignore it and carry on. US law doesn't affect the UK lol.

Also if you are on XP get PeerGuardian 2 d/loaded and updated. ;) If you're on vista then give ipfilter a whirl.

Sy

Nildram, who are owned by PIPEX.

Film included a golden orientating device

not sure where is was from, either p*ratebay or m*ninova

It doesnt sound too threatening, just shows the original complaint, which has details of the download and ip address, etc, then they have said they have received a complaint and i need to reply within 7 days to say i wont use my account for anything like that again, or risk having it terminated.

Only download the odd film, so im no hardcore user. Guessing probably 100+ other people got the same email. Bit worrying though, I think its probably just a slap on the wrist to put you off doing it in the future.

Sounds like they could be phishing! I wouldn't admit to it!!!

meriva vxr! really ;-)
Just my thoughts here but...

If you reply saying you won't do it again are you not then admitting to illegally downloading in the first place.
Also with these newsgroups if it's a paid service again is there not then proof that you were knowingly ilehally downloading and no chance of using the it was anon on your unsecured network that did it excuse - or with newsgroups is what you download untraceable?

Just wondered for anyone who did illegally download, personally i always buy so not worried ;-)

SLK 350
Don't disregard it.

I got a similar letter from my ISP pertaining to me downloading a Lions Gate film a while back via BT. They too requested a response to the incident which included filenames/filetype/IP/timestamps, I basically said "my little brother, I'll slap him etc" and they were fine.

Personally I'd get in touch with your ISP, it should have a reference so quote that then just BS them.

I got something similiar a little while back.

I told them that while the account was in my name that all my flatmates used it and it must have been one of them.

They were alright about it but I changed providers soon after

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If you encrypt your torrent connection then you should be ok... shouldn't you?

No.

Encryption only gives traffic shapers a hard time, it doesn't prevent the music or film industry finding you in a torrent.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I'd ignore it and carry on

If you have a wireless connection they would find it almost impossible to prove its you anyway.

You could just say someone had used your wireless connection to dl

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
No, if you have a wireless connection YOU are responsible unless you can prove otherwise.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Its for them to prove you did it not for you to prove you didnt

They have proof.. your IP and the fact it was downloading illegal s**t..

There have already been court cases with people stating this as their defence... it didn't work.