ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion Bar on Clio 16v

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

My clio is lowered at the front - but the back end is sticking up in the air.

Ive rang a renault dealer and he says that he wouldnt recommend adjusting the torsion bar. WHY does he say this?

Also does anyone know where I can get this done in the East midlands?

Cheers

To be honest I dont think Renault reccomend modifying your car in any way (unless its with authorised bits, which there are not many!)

Any half decent garage can do it, just ring up and ask. Expect to pay £80ish I think.....

Skoda Fabia vRS

just go to Nick at Hill Power

www.hillpower.co.uk

i had mine done there and he got both sides level first time......and did the same on my mates 16v too

no1 is better with a Renault

350z & 16v Maxi

I got this from someones web site. I need to lower my car soon at the back and was wondering if anyone could help me with this tool, has anyone made one of these I could get or can people explain this a bit more. Do you just slide the hammer along the bar and hit the two bolts to pull the bar out?

For this job you need to use a slide hammer.

1. Jack the car up with 2 trolly jacks, so both rear wheels are off the ground.

2. Take the plastic cap off the end of the torsion bar.

3. Spray them with WD40.

4. Screw the bolt into the threaded hole in the torsion bar, and pull out the torsion bar with the slide hammer.
(pull both torsion bars out this way)

5. Jack the car right up so that both wheels are clear of the ground again.

6. Now lower the car on the jacks until its sitting at the height you want it.

7. Knock the bars back in with a hammer (they should go in relatively easily). If they dont rotate the bar until it does, this can take a bit of time finding the right way round.

8. Put the cap back on the torsion bar.

yup, the compensator on the 16V works with ride height. if its lower, there is more bias towards the back, you have to slacken it off again.

unless your mechanically minded id get someone to do them for you! depending on how stuck they are they can be a real pain, £130 ish i think i paid but that was for all shocks etc!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Ive just found out that hill power are only 14 miles from me!!!! WAHOO!!!

If anyone needs anything doing at hill power lets combine it with a meet up?

Im in Hinckley - email me at Chriswhitehouse@hotmail.com and well sort out when we could go.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Mines a dark blue - reg J*** VFA

Green air filter, Powerflow exhaust, tsw blades (EEEK)- good for 150 brake!

Do u know trinity motors - thats where i work!

Trophy

Yeah mate,

I used to work there and my mates a mechanic there now.

Ill see you around, (cant miss them wheels)

Mat.

Trophy

I live near the town centre,
get in touch with me at matrickbrown@hotmail.com and you can come and have a look to see if you need any bits!

Mat.