ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion bar question

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
When the torsion bar was lowered, would the garage have had to go anywhere near the nut on the end of the disk that holds in the baring? I know nothing about torsion bars, but need to know if this is possible. The car is a 2ltr 16V Megane Coupe.

Thanks.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Update:

I have had a very helpful pm from a very nice guy on here. Due to the information he gave me I rang my trusty garage to confirm what could have happened. The car is going to go back to the garage where it had the suspension and torsion bar done to make sure that everything is how it should be.They did inform me that they 'may' have disconnected the handbrake and 'may' have incorrectly adjusted it. They do not agree however that they 'may' have touched the disk. So we will see.

If all is correct then I will be going back to where they baring was done and will give them hell.

I will not accecpt s**tty workmanship from any garage! :mad: