ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion Bar

Renault Clio 1.2 RT
I've followed Zed's instructions on lowering the rear suspension of my 1.2 mk1 clio, i'm having problems reinserting the driver's sdie torsion bar. It's sticking out about 5mm and won't budge at all, any suggestions??

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
U could take it out and check the splines are totally clean and maybe put some grease on them? You must be nearly there with only 5mm to go.

Renault Clio 1.2 RT
cheers mate, i'm using alsorts to get it in, greased up too. bin at it for 2hrs and got nowhere, well, i know what i'm doing 2morow lol

Clio 1.8 16v
The bar will only go in in one place. Keep turning the bar one notch at a time untill the bar goes in with very little resistance, than you should have no problem

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
keep spinning it very slight turns at a time mate, and try tapping it in untill it goes! it should go in fairy easy with a moderate hit of the hammer if its lined up proper!

dont hit it super hard if it wont go in tho!!

Renault Clio 1.2 RT
Cheers, the back bumper's practically on the ground at the mo and it don't look good, cheers :p