ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total and utter n00b

Hey guys, first post here, not managed to join as a full member yet, waiting to get paid, but kinda hoping I can pick yer brains for some help.

Basically I just bought me first car, a 2001 1.2 16v Dynamique, its got the standard HU and a 6-Disc changer in the boot.

Basically, I want to do a decent install, I dont know nothing about in car audio, Ive seen people talking about components and 6x9s and subs and it just goes in one ear and out the other.

I know Ive got two tweeters in the dash, two front speakers in the doors and two rears, thats about it :D

Just get torn into me, I honestly dont know the first place to start and Im so embaressed.

Thanks for any help :D

Forget about 6x9s theyre sh*t,

5.25 inch components in front

5.25 coaxials in the rear,

10 > 12 inch sub in boot.

The standard hu is pants, unfortunately the standard changer will not work with any other hu.

I can always change the changer, thats no biggie, so I assume components are better, higher fidelity?

Im not too bad with audio, been into home theater systems for a while so Im not too stupid :D

Ill nip into halfords (NOOOOO) and take a look at Alpine HUs hope to keep me stalk working, I love it :D

Ill shop about for some decent speakers, any brands to recommend?

Budget?

Im thinking about 1500-2000

Maybe willing to stretch a little bit more.

Just one more thing, how hard is all this to wire up? Ive got a fair few years of building computers under me belt and afaik the 12v system is fairly similar.

But as I said before, I aint got no clue about this :D

Thanks for everything so far guys.

for that budget you could do better than that, what kind of system, pure quality(sq) down and dirty bass (street bass) or a system that will score well on mics (spl) or inbetween (sql)?

Rorrie

Quality all the way, looking to do this over 6 months or so, Im not into thumping bass, its nice, but Im too much of an audiophile to sacrifice quality for a bit of thump :D

Im thinking now that Ive had a few prices on spoilers ((Ive got one of those stupid old black ones on the clio)) Ill probably need to cap it at 1500 for the audio.

blimey, if I knew your budget was that much I would have gone mental!

I will have a go at building you a system sometime soon!