ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total shutdown

Cam

182 Cup
As it was a nice day i thought id go for nice evening drive, driving back home and the famous engine temperature sensor decided to read zero, as the ECU thought the engine was cold pumped loads of fuel into it. 2 seconds later engine died, couldnt get it restarted.
After phoning Adtmits (sorry bud), phoned the RAC and he managed to get it started by planting his foot down. Driving back with him following me it was coughing and spluttering all over the place, managed to get within 100 yards of my house and decided to die again! What a fookin nightmare, this just after having my wheel refurbeb and a new winsdscreen!
A day to forget really, gonna phone Renault to see what they can do.
Thanks again Ad.

Cam

182 Cup
Does anybody know where the temp sensor for the engine is? as cause its easter weekend i might have a play with it cause its not gonna go in till tuesday at the earliest.
Damn Renaults, seriously thinking of chopping it in. Stuck without a car for Easter weekend, how s**t.

Cam

182 Cup
probably, but its gonna be really busy and i dont want them to do a rush job so i'll book it in for tues or wed.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
temp sensor is on the side of the block, it is bolted in, there nowt u can do m8, ull have to get it to them tomorow if not tuesday

You can bodge it use a variable resister and stick it in and when cold run on one setting ans use it like a carb.

Ad

MK2 FRS
edde said:
You can bodge it use a variable resister and stick it in and when cold run on one setting ans use it like a carb.

in laymans terms please.........:clown:

Cam, no probs, sorry i wasnt of more help.

adtmits said:
in laymans terms please.........:clown:
Ok the sensor just changes resistance with the temperature.

If you stick a 2200 ohms resister in the wires then the car with thing coolent is 25 degress so use one of them to start the car with when the sensor reads about 800 ohms it means the coolents 50 degress (about half temp. if it reads 280 or so that means 80 degress which is about normal. A 115 ohms resister will tell the car its a 110 degree coolent temperatrue this is quite hot as the fan will come on about 100~2 degrees depending how quick your going.
So stick a 2200 or so Ohms resister to start the car then after a bit a 280 Ohms one to run round with or get a variable resister and some wire and run the lines to your car and get a multimeter to see what the resisteance is whilsts your adjusting it.

Check the wires though it can sometimes be the wires not being router very well causing the problem.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Edde you technical knowlege is impressive..... but i'll agree with cam on this one, I think id leave it. Wouldnt even know where to buy a resistor from:eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
maplins, ;) anyway, i thought it was usually the way the wires were routed whiched caused the problem, give em a wiggle!

A

ashy_gtt

ive got a temp sensor out of my 172 engine that you can have if you want?

Where abouts are you?