ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total Tuning - Who's heard of them?

Megane R26
Got one of these the other week from them. First ECU didnt work, spoke to them, got another one sent out. Brand new ECU from Renault flashed to GroupN as they didnt get any in. Put it on tonight, got more of a kick. Deffo a difference. Any problems just speak to Chris at TotalTuning. Good people.

cup 182 mit stripes
Mr.Stabby why did'nt you get a group N from a reputable company like GDI for instance. If their one is no good they take it back and fix.And don't bust your balls.

they are all the same and most companies will do replacements if faulty - Im bidding to try and save money as am getting one either way off somone so no-one else bid please! lol

ja.jack not daft at all thanks - if you used ebay you would understand that everything you buy as long as paid for through paypal is covered either way - also this company has good feedback which if you want to make money using ebay is valuable. There have also been good comments above about it.
You could make that comment about anything you ever buy on the internet or especially ebay. I have bought numerous things which is why I have a relatively high feedback and have had very little trouble - just have to make sure you buy off sensible people. I bought a carbon fibre bonnet on there last week for £150 brand new and there is nout wrong with it so sorry if you think its a risk but I beg to differ

and although I am not dissing GDi as you mentioned above, people have had problems on here with loads of companies. Just because you havent heard of a compnay doenst mean thers anything wrong with them - the opposite in my eyes - if they are small and starting up then they are going to work hard to succeed so doubt they would give their cutomers any problems. Big firms get snowed under with work and things get delayed! At the end of the day only a couple of companies can produce this map so they must all be buying them off the same suppliers so if ones cheaper than the other Ill take that one!

hoping to find yourself a nice blonde eh Fred!

agreed Martin - the company is selling with no reserve which to me tells me he is more interested in gettin a sale than trying to push for loads of money and rarely selling anything - better business sense in my eyes

Remap Tuning Available
Chris at Total tuning is a good friend of mine ,, and his work and customer support is as good as it gets.

Same service and support as you would get from me or GDI or any other good tuning company for that matter.

Regards pete

White Evo V
Im am interested in buying one of these chips!! Pete it states you live in yorkshire, Does that mean total tuning is in yorkshire if hes ur friend? as thats where I LIVE!!!! Do total tuning sell these at a fixed price?

Remap Tuning Available
Total tuning is in wales.

In based in York

i can remap your existing ecu to EXACT the same spec as GPN for a good price :) you have no need to buy a new ecu.

people buy new replacements ecus because they live so far away from the tuners.

Total tuning is in wales.

In based in York

i can remap your existing ecu to EXACT the same spec as GPN for a good price :) you have no need to buy a new ecu.

people buy new replacements ecus because they live so far away from the tuners.

Where in wales is this place then and do they do anything for valvers?

Remap Tuning Available
@steve740 Pontypridd they will do what ever you want.

@Ben The remap is to GPN spec, remember this car is a NASP engine so dont expect massive power.

done via OBD price if you email me as i dont pay for advertising on this forum.

Last edited:
can you supply and fit these if we come to you or do you do mobile fitting around cardiff area - if so how much for clio 172 - was winning one of yours on ebay shall have to check how its doing

hi,
@timsclio172, sorry we don't do any mobile work:( if something went wrong we know we can always correct it in the workshop and get you back on your way again! The 172P2 ecu's are normally £275 plus VAT exchange, the one listed on ebay was a spare and was listed on ebay purely for cheap advertising/interest, the last few have also gone to hong kong an singapore ebay members. If you want a grpN remap they are cheaper at £149 plus VAT. If you are in the north of the country the same service is available at bell auto services (pete).

@steve740, yes we can tune your valver no problem, or supply you with a replacement tuned chip for you to change, whatever you prefer.

Megane R26
So does this chip actually work? How much did you pay for yours mr stabby?

I would say so, the car has defo got more kick to it. Don't know about how much power is gained. But I think the GroupN concentrates more on the torque (I may be babbling b*llocks thou). And it revs like a nutter, good for when you wanna keep in the power band :D

Great company to deal with, top Customer Service. Thanks again Chris! :star:

CJ

Blue ph1 172
hi,
@timsclio172, sorry we don't do any mobile work:( if something went wrong we know we can always correct it in the workshop and get you back on your way again! The 172P2 ecu's are normally £275 plus VAT exchange, the one listed on ebay was a spare and was listed on ebay purely for cheap advertising/interest, the last few have also gone to hong kong an singapore ebay members. If you want a grpN remap they are cheaper at £149 plus VAT. If you are in the north of the country the same service is available at bell auto services (pete).

@steve740, yes we can tune your valver no problem, or supply you with a replacement tuned chip for you to change, whatever you prefer.

Obviously worth it then!

hi,

Marvellous mate. Do you have a workshop I can come and see you at?