ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Totally gutted

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

March round to the police station and tell them face to face as a tax payer that they should bloody well investigate the gits who stole your car.

I just hope they didnt use the forum to window shop for your car.

I hope you get it back safe and sound.

Good luck

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Worst news ever.

Sorry to hear that.

If you need any help in matters we maybe able to help in, let us know.

All the best.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Ive always covered my registration plate in pics that Ive put up, so I dont think anyone "shopped" for it on the forum. Its a very noticable car parked on a busy street in a not entirely crime free area of a not entirely crime free city.

Worse thing is that I actually moved it up the side street last night so it was further away from drunks staggering past and out of harms way.

Oh yes, still no police. I thought they might want to ask the neighbours about it while it might be fresh in someones memory, but nope. :(

I suppose these things happen and cant be helped, but I hope everyone uses this as a bit of a wake up call. If you just have a standard alarm on your car, it might be worth getting it upgraded if you want to keep your car. I heard absolutely nothing at all last night.

Willy2

W*nkers I will keep an eye out for it down here, there is not that may willys on the road, what you can do is post up on http://www.findit.co.ukwww.findit.co.uk on their car forum they have a dedicated STOLEN page. Just watch the Loot, autotrader and any other car magazines as it may come up.

Sorry to hear about your loss, i will loose my NCD because i killed my valver and it is now sitting on my driveway looking very sorry for itself and the insurance need a good kick up the A*SE as i have still not heard what they are gonna do about it. Just make sure you get on your insurances back and dont accept anything less that what you think its worth!

Raj

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Probably stolen to order hence why they didnt touch the 172 and why they were so quiet.

A friend of mine was coming home when a young man ran in front of her car she tried to avoid him but didnt manage it, as she was about to call the police his friends ran out and proceeded to kick her car doors in. the accident victim got up and smashed in her window and tried to drag her out of the car. She managed to get away just. Police didnt bother turning up until 24 hours later, and said that all the evidence had been washed away as it had rained quite heavily a few hours before they turned up. She had to pay to get the car repaired and the three young men were not caught as the police decided not to go any further.

My girlfriend was verbaly abused in Leicester by an Asian man last year, when she called the police a sergent and PC turned up within 5 minutes and stayed for 4 hours trying to chat her up, she had to kick them out to get rid of them. she was even wolf wistled by 4 PCs the other day, doh - does upholders of the community not mean anything?

Police dont seem to care anymore, they are too busy making money from speed traps to do any proper investigation work.:(

Could you not give out your reg NOW, with all the members of the club maybe someone might spot it. Where abouts you from?

Sorry to hear that, worst thing i could imagine.

Keep my fingers crossed it might show up yet!

320d M Sport

me and nicola are well gutted for you mate, why do u keep getting sh*tted on?

sorry pal. wat F UCKERS

:eek:

Sorry to here the bad news mate, thats a proper sh*t one:(,

You should really think about putting out the details of you car here as we will probably have better chance finding it then the poilce. The more eyes and ears out there the better, before it gets stripped and chopped up..

Anyway once again you have my condolences:cry:

jonm i would think it was obvious that rhys is posting on here as we are here to support offer advice, this is a forum that people can expect support on not critisim that is unrequested and thoughtless.

Try thinking before you type please, in situations i have had experience of the police have attended and done exactly as said questioned neighbours, genuinley taken and through details etc.

Rhys i am really sorry this has happened to you as i know how i would feel if it was my williams that had been stolen, if i can do anything please say otherwise my thoughts are with you.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Jonm, I think Rhys was coming on the board for a bit of compassion mate, I would be devistated if that happened to me.

Sorry Rhys this has happened mate hope they find the pickey scum..

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ive waited until now to post as Ive been following this thread all day. Rhys Im totally gutted for you. Never met you but feel mad as f that the little cs stole your car. Ive waited for 9 years to get a Williams and now Ive been put off. My area is full of that type of little c, and the reason why I have a decent alarm, disklok, 2 sets of locking nuts on my alloys, I put my car right at the top of the drive and jam it in with my mams fiesta, all this for a K reg RT, which is my pride and joy. Youve got every right to be pd off with the thieving cs and possibly more right to be pd off with the police. We all pay our tax, we all have the right to respect and service from the police. We pay their fing wages after all. Theyve probably been out sitting illegally parked on motorway bridges looking for more revenue. Youve come on here and voiced your sadness and anger at what happened, in the hope of a sympathetic shoulder, which for the most part has been what has happened. What an arrogant, immature, little c that jon is. Theres plenty things the police should have done. They know they stick they get, even if they did come to look at the road they wouldnt get as much stick but they arent bright enough to realise and thats why people are becoming increasingly pd off with them, they prove time and time again they dont give a flying f, as long as theyre ok.

Hope you get a decent outcome in the end Rhys. My lass knows how much I love Clios, shes gutted for you too.

Chris.

Hey Rhys , sorry man, just joined up and have been following this post. I recently wrote of my Clio, I know its not the same thing but i understand what it feels like to lose a car you absolutley love as you have made it your own. I hope you get a good outcome and those tw*ts get what they deserve.

f**k mate what can I say - nothing really of any help - i hope you get it back.:mad:

You may only loose 3 years NCB on the claim:(

Again, thanks all (apart from jonm!).

Yes, immobiliser was on. Never found where to turn it off actually. Nothing in the glove box. Just have a small key to turn off alarm under bonnet if it goes off and you cant stop it. If I turn that off, the car wont start at all, so yes, it was all on.

With regards to the police, as I mentioned, they said they were going to talk to people, but not much point in doing that after today as people will forget anything they might have seen. Thats why itd have been nice for them to come round today. In the past Ive had a mixed experience with the police. When my 1.4 clio was smashed into, they turned up within minutes and caught the people.

However, Ive had a lot of trouble recently with police tailgating me when Im doing nothing wrong, seemingly to try and get me to put my foot down so they can pull me over. This seems a bit bad to me.

Anyway, this hasnt been a pleasant experience. Im glad Im moving from my current place next week to somewhere a bit quieter and out of the way. I keep jumping to the window to check the 172 now every time i hear a noise. Its got me dead paranoid.

Oh yes, Paddy reckons I should only lose 2 years no claims. Will call Tesco tomorrow to check. Time to see what their insurance product is like!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Sh*t, hope everything turns out okay and the git(s) are apprehended soon!!!! :(

When I had my last accident 3 years ago, was with Tesco and they sorted everything out really quickly so hope you get treated in the same way.

CTR EK9 turbo

OH MY GOD RHYS! im so sorry to hear that your pride and joy has been half-inched by some TWOC(SSER). Absolutely gutted for your mate. I genuinely feel sick with hatred for the scum that did this.

If you decide to post your numberplate etc I will go out hunting/looking for it, maybe the death squad could join in up north?

Maybe just warn the other car forums of your loss and get them to ask friends to look out for it etc. Make a big deal about it and youve got a few thousand folks on the look out? saxosport, civic-type r board, sxoc etc might be worth a shot?

Take the ECU out of your 172 and sleep with it under your pillow.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What is the world coming to.

Mate thats so f**king sh*tty. i f**king hate f**king theiving c**ts!

we should all come up and carry out some beatings.

Sorry dude.

Rhys im so sorry to here you had your baby taken............i nkow its not the same but we had our garage broken into and although the kids only got basically a few RC car bits and pieces its the whole some one been in your stuff feeling, i understand your nervousness about the 172, we didnt sleep for ages everylittle noise thinking they were coming back for the motor bikes........the police also didnt come out to us either jusr gave us a crime number for insurance.......doesnt help you sleep better..............i have my fingers crossed you find it, just curious where you are based.......i agree with the others a few details so we can keep our eyes open, not many williams about is there............

As for jonm, why is he even here does he own a clio??? i used to hate this sort of attitude on other forums i used to use, maybe the police cant do anything but they could miss something if they dont even try...........the police really need a shake up, instead of money making speed traps how about using the revinue to put more bobbies on the beat!! i could go on...............

Chuckie

Mr2 Roadster

Just got back from a weekend away and want to express my sympathy for you.

I think you should post the plate on here, as I for one know that when I see a willy I think, "yer, is that a cliosport one, I wonder who owns it". Post the plate and then there is stacks of clio drivers (the ones who wuld spot it if they saw it) looking for it.

Im gutted for you... Whatever you lose is depressing but when its something as precious as your willy, then its a different story. What ever your insurence give you or if you get the car back as someone said earlier it will never be the same.

Keep your chin up...

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 13 July 2003

Whatever you lose is depressing but when its something as precious as your willy, then its a different story.
Ah well, one final knob gag for old times sake...!

The registration is N757GWY, but unless its a really dense car thief then itll probably be something else by now :(

Willy2

and west and north west london on lookout too, I think Simon172 has a good point try and post up on as many forums as possible ie SAXOsport,clubgti, RSC,scoobienet and so on, people notice willys, after all this car is the GREATest hot hot hatch so far, dont give up hope yet, we are all behind you. Also contact reno and give your chassis/vin number, these theifing F*ckers are gonna need parts soon, provided they dont strip it. Only a monkey would do that!

Ryhs totally gutted for you mate, there are some real scum bags around and I hope yu catch them rather than our local plod. As for jonm dont worry mate the rest of us are with you.

Sorry about all this Rhys!

Regarding insurance, I always understood that you only lose 2 years no claims bonus for the first claim, so you should still have 3 years which will make things at least semi-affordable.

Mate that is so harsh! Know how you feel, my car got nicked on the day i passed my test. Hope you get the best possible outcome.

-Rob

TT 225

I shall post the detals on every car forum i use (and it really is a lot, i get bored at work lol)

You never know :)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Jonm,

I take it you have read the forum rules. Here is a little reminder :

"You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums. "

As I have posted Rhys came on here for support and he got a mouthful from you. Cut the hostility or I will boot you off the forum.

Nice 1 Chavy!!!!!!!I feel really sorry for Rhys,hope they find it,tell you what il come round to your house and give you a go in my v6,that will cheer you up!!

Hope you find it!!

Broadbean

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 14 July 2003

Go away.

We dont need idiots like you causing trouble

Now i suggest you dont post in this thread again
Whoops above is what i ment

172, Tiguan

Rhys, best of luck with everything mate. Sorry to hear about your car, fingers crossed eh.

JON_R