ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

touch up pens..

172 cup
My pens turned up this morning with no instructions.
I've not used them before, so is it just put on the blue let it dry and put on the lacquer? that easy?

Clean the area with some spirits or something and let it dry, and then use the blue pen carefully. I normally use a tooth pick to dab the paint into stone chips, as the brush is really thick and messy. Then leave it to dry for a few hours and repeat a coat if necessary, if not, put the laquer over.

Don't be concerned if the paint looks a different colour when it's wet, it dries the correct colour. My Titanium touch up paint goes on PURPLE!!!! I think it's cos it's water based paint now?!

It may be pretty hard to make the scratch invisible to be honest. But it will cover it up, and you can get quite good results with a touch up after practice.

Don't expect miracles with it though.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I think you can apply the touch up paint, then wetsand it down and then polish it back up to completely smooth it in. Similar idea to this guide, except that you need to fill in below the clearcoat level first if that makes sense:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=323962

Please please check with somebody else first though before you start attacking your car! I won't be taking any reponsibility lol. Try PMing Rich or somebody like that.