ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tow

Clio 182
Good morning,
i need the part number of the renault cup front tow eye...i only found the number of the rear one..
Thank you! =)

MFG Freddy

Si

RS Clio 172
front and rear are not the same. rear is quite a lot longer. not a lot of point in having a cup racer sytle towing eye unless you have a ph1 as there's nowhere secure to screw it into, unless you want to do some strengthening work.

Za**** & Xr250R
front and rear are not the same. rear is quite a lot longer. not a lot of point in having a cup racer sytle towing eye unless you have a ph1 as there's nowhere secure to screw it into, unless you want to do some strengthening work.

So when they are fitted to ph2's it's just for the look's ???

Si

RS Clio 172
So when they are fitted to ph2's it's just for the look's ???

from what i've gathered, yes.

for ref... this is how the front and rear genuine towing eyes differ (top one being a rear towing eye)...

FrontRearTowEyeSmall.jpg

don't think you can get hold of them anymore. I've had a prototype rear towing eye made which i need to trial. just need to get off my ass n do it!

Where's the normal rear towing eye on a ph2? compared to a ph1?

ph2 172's have towing rings on the bottom of the spare wheel recess. not sure about 182's.

This is what D4ve's done with his rear towing eye on his 182...

RearTowEye2Small.jpg

just bolted either side of that thin plate. Not sure what that area looks like on a ph1 but i'm guessing there's some re-enforcement and a screw thread.

this is how it locates...

RearTowEyeSmall.jpg