ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toxic warning light, can it cause damage?

182 Trophy 019/500
My dads Trophy's Toxic warning light has come on (due to the decat :eek: ).
As it's on can it be causing any damage? Does the ECU adjust anything to compensate for the fault it's receiving?

Or is it simply saying somethings wrong eg no cat.

182 with cup packs
i really want to no the answer to this question to as i have ordered and am waiting to recive my de-cat, if i get the k-tec ecu re-map will it cancel out the fault? will it cause damage if left on?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Unless you go into limp mode then no, it's just a warning to say the exhaust as not as clean as it should be ;)

Nope no damage just telling you the cats not working and your poluting the environment.
At the moment noone has a fix for the 182 problems on the 172's you just unplug the second sensor the 182 maps are different and that doesn't work but since its just a light don't bother.

Clio 172 Exclusive
Sensitive little buggers those sensors

I had a lambda problem on my 172 and it sent my car into Limp mode, I disconnected the lambda but once in limp it needed a kick at the ecu, as it turned out I needed a new Lambda sensor. Thankfully the car was still under warrenty.
If it is in limp mode don't drive and then if you have to keep the revs low, thast what I was told any hoo, to get it to the garage.

182 Trophy 019/500
NySwitch said:
Sensitive little buggers those sensors

I had a lambda problem on my 172 and it sent my car into Limp mode, I disconnected the lambda but once in limp it needed a kick at the ecu, as it turned out I needed a new Lambda sensor. Thankfully the car was still under warrenty.
If it is in limp mode don't drive and then if you have to keep the revs low, thast what I was told any hoo, to get it to the garage.

Am i right in thinking in limp mode it won't rev beyond a certain point?

182 with cup packs
well my de-cat came in post yesterday, gonna have it fitted on tuesday, really dont wanna wait that long!!!!!!!!! its just sitting in my room sayin "USE ME, USE ME", CANT WAIT