ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOYO PROXES R1R or FEDERAL 595 RS-R?

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Does any body have an opinion on these tyres as I'm looking for a set of tyres for track use but still ok for driving to the event I.e the Ring.

Any help would be appreciated many thanks Tim

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I found the R1R to be on par with michelin ps2 in the wet, and a fair bit more performance in the dry. The side walls are stiffer so give you much more confidence and feel in the corners, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are track tyres. I destroyed 2 fronts on one warm track day. The difference between 595RSR and R1R in the wet is minimal, even in heavy rain, its only when you go through standing water the 595RSR become a tad twitchy. You would have to be either driving far to quickly or asleep for this to catch you out in a FWD car though. The difference between the 595RSR and R1R in the dry is rather large though. Will still say that today the 595RSR is the best tyre money can buy for the performance/value.

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Thanks everyone for you quick responses I will go for the federal's I think but I will have a look at the AD08 cheers, I would love to splash out on a more expensive tyre but funds won't allow as I need to look at a suspension upgrade too :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
BMTR are very cheap for the federal. The motorsport section of the website is under going maintenance at the moment, but if you phone 01213 311122 they can transfer you over. I just got 4 x 195/50/15 595RSR for just over £300 delivered.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone for you quick responses I will go for the federal's I think but I will have a look at the AD08 cheers, I would love to splash out on a more expensive tyre but funds won't allow as I need to look at a suspension upgrade too :)

Tyres are the limiting factor in your performance; what use is upgraded suspension if your tyres don't allow you to exploit it?

Best tyres on standard suspension will out perform crap tyres on upgraded suspension.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Just had 4 195/50 r15 federal 595 RS-R's for £258.80 delivered from mytyres.co.uk

clio trophy
:approve:
Tyres are the limiting factor in your performance; what use is upgraded suspension if your tyres don't allow you to exploit it?

Best tyres on standard suspension will out perform crap tyres on upgraded suspension.

Hi I have the federals and cannot big them up enough
they are grippy and progressive with a terrific Wear rate.
i have driven the ring last year, there and back and chased very expensive cars in my little re trophy.
only one thing you must do, very important.
Heat cycle your tyres, I.e, drive them and warm them at least three times but not to much and you must let them fully cool overnight each time, then you will have awesome fun.
Marl

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Just had 4 195/50 r15 federal 595 RS-R's for £258.80 delivered from mytyres.co.uk

Thats a cracking deal, puts into perspective how good value these tyres are with almost no disadvantage to performance. A048 are what, £550 a set, and R888 around £450.

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Thanks for that tip Marl I will do just that and I will start with tyres and brakes to be honest and get a feel for the old girl then upgrade other components as I progress in skills :) is anyone from near me on here? I'm from the Buckinghamshire area? Looking at doing Bedford aerodrome soonish for my first time out in the ph1, no one been or looking to go? Cheers Tim

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Good to hear the positive comments about the Federal RSR as I'm getting a set fitted at end of month to try out and will be used on road with a few track days thrown in. For the money they seem ideal for my needs

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Had 2 sets of RSRs on my Clio now and absolutely adore them. No issues in the wet IMO (Standing water exception) but sensational road tyre in the dry. Driven mine to the ring and pasted loads of faster cars with them. Also did Snetterton 300 last weekend on them (Stock cup packed 182) on a wet, greasy track and nothing pasted us all day.
I had a pair of modified RX8 owners actually make me open the bonnet at Snetterton to prove my car was standard lol
Great tyres, 100% recommended :)

Clio 182 trophy
i was about to start the same thread lol. but buy the looks of this i now no longer need to. i will also be on the hunt for a set of rsr asap. would anybody by a new set of wheels to put them on and change them over at the track day or just drive it home on the after? :)

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Hi Scott I've personally got a spare set of 15" wheels that came with my car so I will have separate sets but to be honest unless its going to be a car for all year round come rain or snow :) I'd just leave them on, more fun on the B roads :)

Clio 182 trophy
sweet after only just buying my car with brand new michelins on i wont need them anytime soon but i am gunna pay for my membership so i can view carp parts and that for sale see if any are flying round on here as i cant find anything decent on ebay. :(

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Yeah it's well worth signing up I know a bit about BMW's but not a busting lot about clio's and the chap I bought my ph1 off is a member and recommended me to join as it would be helpful :) and it has been especially in the parts department as folk on here actually give a damn what they sell is good :) so what clio have you got?

Clio 182 trophy
ive got the same as you bud but in black. its a known car from here actually. was daryl_rt_04 car and someone elses before. now i have the little beauty and have loved it so far. that smile is from ear to ear.!

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Nice one loving the look of the black ph1, have you got any pics? This is the only one of mine I have at the mo lol
u6ujabet.jpg

Clio 182 trophy
tbh i have no idea how to even post pictures on forums these days. haha sorry, there is a few lying round on here though. there is an advert still on the cars for sale section.

Renault Clio 172 Ph1
Yeah I must say I'm very new to the forum thing and still getting to grips with it lol ill have a wee look cheers Tim

Cup In bits
Thread revival

I have just bought a set of RS-R's for a trackday in 205/45/16 £293 delivered to a local tyre fitters after murdering a set of Hankook S1 evo's in 10 minute sessions. Those who have had experience with them seen the cracking sidewall problem and also how did they wear on track when pushing hard? What track and how long a session was done before they went off.

Cheers

Cup In bits
Found what I want to know in a recent thread, run them till there dead seem's the general consensus.

CLIO 182 CUP
I'm looking to buy either r1rs or 595. There is no feedback about the r1rs. I can get the ad08s for 80 a corner would they be better. Im looking to be doing fast road & track days. I Would buy 888's but I will be doing alot of road miles & 888s will prob kill me with all the rain we have lol. Can any 1 help me with my choice

many thanks Adam

WRX
First go 15th June. I've basically bought them to choose depending on weather but I'll be trying both out over the next few months. I'm no racer but will give my opinion based on value and performance as I see it.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm looking to buy either r1rs or 595. There is no feedback about the r1rs. I can get the ad08s for 80 a corner would they be better. Im looking to be doing fast road & track days. I Would buy 888's but I will be doing alot of road miles & 888s will prob kill me with all the rain we have lol. Can any 1 help me with my choice

many thanks Adam

There is tons of feedback on R1R's, just not in this Thread.

And I'm fed up of writing the same thing 10 times a week.

Oh, and 888's are fine in the wet, just not standing water.

BG 182 FF
Just looking at the federal RS-R's on mytyres. What's the diff' between the 82v and 82w and what ones should I get for the 182?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Its the speed rating of the tyre mate. V= 149mph, and W= 168mph

V is what came on these cars and will be fine