ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toyo question?

106 GTi
The R was the S replacement. Different tread pattern and some kind of sidewall material change I think.

Only used the S, fine in the dry, poo in the wet. Dont last long.

dont care how long they last tbh.

ah so theyre not different softness etc. as camskill and blackcircles still have them both listed

Half stripped mk2 172
Ben if its for drag use i would try the r888, used them often and they are quite good, again at the correct temperature. For road use I used the t1-s, excellent in the dry, not too good in the wet, but then again dont think you will drive like a muppet in the wet!!

Vince

I don't rate any of them personaly I hate them on my 15's they seemed on on the 182 I drove with them on 16's though but I didn't push as hard and many other love them.
I've got 2 for sale T1R I think (or will do when I have the tyres taken off)

M2 Competition
Got t1-rs on mine, love them wet and dry!

Pe2's are terrible in wet imo, toyos seem much nicer!

Only prob ive found with toyos, as mentioned above, is durablility.

i plan on getting r888's on another set of wheels mate for track and drag use.

the t1-r's will be for road use. been in another starlet with em on in 15's. gripped really well!

my car dont generally come out in the rain anyways so thats not a problem and durability isnt as if they wear out, i buy more. simple really :p

BMW M4; S1000 RR
run115 said:
Ben if its for drag use i would try the r888, used them often and they are quite good, again at the correct temperature. For road use I used the t1-s, excellent in the dry, not too good in the wet, but then again dont think you will drive like a muppet in the wet!!

Vince

I don't think anyone likes to drive like a muppet in any weather condition.

I really have a hard time trying to grasp why anyone would knowingly buy a tyre that lacks performance in the wet. Surely you want good grip all of the time, regardless of whether you use it.

Maybe it's just me !!

I had T1S's and loved them, couldnt ever get them squeeling. The T1R#s ive got now, Shite. Do nothing but squeel. understeer with them is now worse than the semi slick michelin pilot exaltos i had lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cliokhunt said:
I really have a hard time trying to grasp why anyone would knowingly buy a tyre that lacks performance in the wet.

he says his car doesnt really come out in the wet anyway, and to be honest even cheapo tyres are ok in the wet if your sticking to speedlimits and not hammering into corners (or so ive found on my mums car anyway)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've used both the t1-s and then the newer t1-r on my old mk2 172 and tbh grip in the wet is terrible , they don't instill confidence in you when cornering but they did last longer than the contis which were fitted as standard .

Put it this way . I won't ever buy another toyo again .

Imo the exaltos on my 182 fantastic in both the wet and dry . Another good tyre that is pretty good in the wet is the pirelli p6000 which i had on my pug 306 S16 .

http://www.toyo.co.uk/sub_products.php?identity=products&category_id=22

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
rex said:
Got t1-rs on mine, love them wet and dry!

Pe2's are terrible in wet imo, toyos seem much nicer!

Only prob ive found with toyos, as mentioned above, is durablility.

Can't believe you rate the toyo over the michelins :eek:

What car are you driving , what size of tyre ?

As the michelin exaltos were developed for the 182 i'd stick with them , faultless in both the wet and dry imo .

Lol, i'd have to disagree with rex too, Pe2's are great in the wet very sure footed whereas the toyo's I've had in the past were sketchy as f**k. Front end was nervous and liked letting the nose drift out wide.

Toyos = grip, grip, grip, sliiiIIIIDE in the wet lol

F1s = grip, grip, edge out, edge out a bit more etc etc

Haven't really tried anything else unfortunately, but may well go back to the F1s as the T1-S in 15's seem too soft in the sidewalls and squirm too much under cornering and braking.

M2 Competition
Personal opinion. 172 cup with 195/45/16s.

Hated the michelins, and love the toyos, and as anyone thats been in my car will testify, i drive it like i stole it.

Although mitch did complain the tyres squirmed a lot when we went sideways round that roundabout...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i've had both toyos fitted, and found them ok tbh!! Imo i thought them better than the continentals fitted o.e

still the egal f1 i have on the 15's are better again (and around 30 notes a corner!!)

106 GTi
MRBILLYUK said:
Another good tyre that is pretty good in the wet is the pirelli p6000 which i had on my pug 306 S16 .

Really - Had these on my 306 Xsi and they where nicknamed ditch finders in the dry, let alone pushing it in the wet. Hate them.

Only thing I like about them was LOO with them on was so easy even in the dry!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rich said:
Really - Had these on my 306 Xsi and they where nicknamed ditch finders in the dry, let alone pushing it in the wet. Hate them.

Only thing I like about them was LOO with them on was so easy even in the dry!

Never had a problem with em on my S16 , much better than the toyos , but overall the exaltos beat the lot hands down imo .