ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo's wearing down quickly?

Clio 182
Hi guys, I bought my 182 about a year ago now and about 2 weeks after buying it swapped all 4 tyres for new Toyo T1R's and had the tracking done at the same time.

The last 11 months have been great, they've stayed true over the 8000+ miles they've been on the car, but on getting a new Milltek cat-back exhaust put on today I've found that the front Toyo's are near the limit, but the rears are hardly worn at all.

I can't say that I'm impressed that they haven't lasted 10K, but the rears have done exactly the same mileage and are more than fine...is this normal?

Thanks guys

RS 182 CUP
the rears will wear less on your clio bbecause its front wheel drive, they do the pulling, stopping and turning, the rears just roll along. have they worn on edges? in middle or equal all over?

I managed about 8k on on T1Rs on the front iirc. Did about 11k with conti 3s on the front. Contis lasted 18/19k on the rear. Hankooks still looked new after nearly 5k on the front.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Toyo's are a pretty soft compound.... Mine lasted sub 7k.... admittedly the tracking was slightly out!

Clio 182
It was pretty much evenly spread so I doubt it was to do with anything mechanical.

So, Toyo's seems to wear pretty quickly, since I have Toyo's on the back could I get away with a different make on the front?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah toyo's wear out pretty quick, i'd say 8k is about right.

But lol not knowing why the fronts wear out quicker.

ITB'd MK1
They're sensitive to camber and tracking. If your alignment is out it will eat them FAST, I chewed a set of fronts in 6 weeks from too much toe out, and it wasn't out by a long way. This was on a rear wheel drive car btw

DCi 100
Just over 5k for a set of T1R's for me, and that was with swapping them over front to back half way there. Will see how these V12's hold up!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Same here, had to replace my 2 front as they were completely worn yet the rear still have plenty tread in the

Lionel Richie
try nailing a pair on R888's in 1 day (195/50 15), and a pair of 245 18 PS2's in 3hours, lead foot me ;)

20 pairs of 295/30 19's is what we did per day at DDD!!!

Clio 182
Sorry guys, I know I'm new to the forum but I know how my car works and how the tyres wear, I just expected them to last longer as I use Pistonheads as well and they advised me they should last at the very least 10k.

Ah well, the Toyo's are good but I think I'll need something a little more hard wearing.