ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track brakes

Daz89

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Has anyone tried the brembo max grooved discs from k-tech?
I've just bought a 182 to put on the track and don't want to be having brake fade.
There's also mixed reviews on pads on here? I was thinking ferodo DS2500 but some people think not?

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Chances are he will see this thread mate. When you @ and then type the username in he will get an alert. Or search his username and message him

mk1 Octavia VRS
Wouldn't bother with Brembo Max discs, Brembo HCs are more than up to the job with good pads. I'm currently running DS2500 pads but will try something else next time round. There are loads of threads already about pad recommendations.

Daz89

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What
I am running Brembo HC discs, Goodridge braided lines and CL RC6 pads on my 172.
what do you think of your set up fletcher? Would you recommend it?
K-tech do a package deal with brembo hc discs and rc5 pads

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
What

what do you think of your set up fletcher? Would you recommend it?
K-tech do a package deal with brembo hc discs and rc5 pads

I am very impressed with it so far, and that's coming from (compbrake 4 pots and DS3000 pads). However the real test will be track work.

I got the above from Kam racing, probably cheaper then ktec tbh.

Track 172 Cup
I'm running the same as Fletcher (Brembo HC disc and CL pads) and its lasted me 2 full days at Oulton with no problems (last few laps I slightly boiled the brake fluid though lol just opened the bonnet and seen the brake fluid starting to bubble out the top, Still drove home with no problems. Just debating on what brake fluid to change too ATE Superblue (£15 a litre), although my mates run the Castrol SRF (£60 a litre) or Motul RBF660 (about £35 a litre from what I an see)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Sod paying £60 a litre for brake fluid - just do shorter stints. Pretty sure I only paid about £10 a litre for ATE super blue from euro car parts and that seems to do the job well for me.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm running the same as Fletcher (Brembo HC disc and CL pads) and its lasted me 2 full days at Oulton with no problems (last few laps I slightly boiled the brake fluid though lol just opened the bonnet and seen the brake fluid starting to bubble out the top, Still drove home with no problems. Just debating on what brake fluid to change too ATE Superblue (£15 a litre), although my mates run the Castrol SRF (£60 a litre) or Motul RBF660 (about £35 a litre from what I an see)

I also run ate super blue. I have heard nothing but good things about the castrol SRF brake fluid, so will probably try that next.

182cup & 172 racecar
Half the problem with boiling Clio fluid is, the position of the master cylinder (right behind the exhaust manifold).