ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day car roll cage - advice please

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Not sure if this is in the right section, seemed the most appropriate anyway.

Looking to get a roll cage for my 172 cup track car. At the moment the car is standard only changed the tyres/brakes, so full interior is in, although at some point I plan to strip it and is not a problem as it is a track-car only (although we drive it to and from the tracks, as it is road legal).

Basically I want a cage for it, most likely full front + rear cage. What are the best options to go for, and who will fit it? What sort of prices can I expect to pay? Have literally no idea about this kind of thing, so any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to skimp so i'm not looking for the cheapest option, but I'd rather not pay ridiculous prices.

Thanks

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Look in the group buy section for the Mark Fish Safety Devices cage. It's bolt in and fits around the standard interior so you can leave that in to begin with and then strip the car later.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Look in the group buy section for the Mark Fish Safety Devices cage. It's bolt in and fits around the standard interior so you can leave that in to begin with and then strip the car later.

Thanks for the response, i actually posted in the section myself, just want to know what's the best around, this seems like a good option but just want to see what else there is, and price differences etc

172 Cup
I have a Oreca 6 point bolt in cage, think it was around £500. Its bare metal so needs painting.

ly 200, 172 cup
Not sure if this is in the right section, seemed the most appropriate anyway.

Looking to get a roll cage for my 172 cup track car. At the moment the car is standard only changed the tyres/brakes, so full interior is in, although at some point I plan to strip it and is not a problem as it is a track-car only (although we drive it to and from the tracks, as it is road legal).

Basically I want a cage for it, most likely full front + rear cage. What are the best options to go for, and who will fit it? What sort of prices can I expect to pay? Have literally no idea about this kind of thing, so any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to skimp so i'm not looking for the cheapest option, but I'd rather not pay ridiculous prices.

Thanks

i have paid a deposit on safety device bolt in cage which u will find in the group buy section as your getting 10 % off theres only 2 spaces left if you were interested

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Yeah been looking at that group buy, just wandering what else is out there/what other options I have, any advice/knowledge appreciated.