ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track setup to solve scrubbing on 172 cup using b14 coilovers

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Would it pay dividends to install a whiteline anti roll bar to stiffen the rear to help the suspension setup on my car seeing as the bilstein are not the best choice for track use ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
B14's are good for track use though. But it depends how good you are at trackdays tbf.

I'd opt for the pms rear bar.

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Where can I find the pms rear bar online?.. would you say this is stiffer than the whiteline

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was four years ago mate, no idea. Just watched a video of the car (the black one) and the only noise was tyres. I think, lol

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
The suspension height is being lifted on Tuesday, I'll see how this goes, it is too low anyway

172 Turbo

IMG_2042.JPG

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
Interesting, it's no way as bad as my last track day, how do you feel the b14's handle on track ?

172 Turbo
The car handles track well but the suspension could be better, but it also does road miles so they are a good choice just with the little niggle of the odd bit of scrubbing on tight corners

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
This is the new ride height, before we started the rear was at the lowest setting and the front was lowered 46ml from standard, we have risen the height another 20ml at the front and 18ml at the rear. Rake is still looking good, the car seems a lot more alive when driving, also with a combination of hitting the bumper bracket and increasing the height of the suspension it doesn't seem to be rubbing however the real test will be on track. New Pure rear anti roll bar is getting fitted tomorrow

IMG_5908.jpg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a cup running B14's, whiteline ARB and 15" 2118's fitted with 205/50/15 R888R tyres. Rears are on lowest setting and front sits about level with rear.
Been at Brands all day today. Was rubbing a bit this morning, but I think was only part of the arch liner. After a couple of 20 min sessions pretty much had sorted itself! !! Got to say I am well impressed with the set up.
20170412_140005.jpg

172 Cup,R8, Exige S1
That is great to hear, looking forward to Bedford aero on Friday to test it out, looking online there are some great reports of the b14 suspension. What setting option have you chosen for the anti roll bar, soft, medium or hard ?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The ARB was fitted when I got the car. I nearly lost the back end in the first session yesterday for the first time ever! This was possibly due to cold tyres and me being overconfident. I did however adjust the ARB so it was on the medium setting and it didn't do it again. Car was faultless all day.