ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday break pads

Renault Clio 182 Cup
What pads everyone using for trackdays, 182 with standard callipers, used yellow stuff & green stuff pads in other cars

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I used standard Renault pads. I wouldn't recommend them.
200.gif

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how much bedding in you want to do, some are more picky than others.

PBS are good value and last a while, but not a lot of initial bite. Fairly long bed in procedure.

Winmax W5 are better than PBS but considerably more expensive. I'd probably go for W6 if spending that much. Bed in similar to PBS.

CL RC6 are cheaper than Winmax but don't last as long, but the stopping power is more than you'll need and you don't really need to mess about bedding in.

Ferodo DS1.11 are the only ones I've never tried.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
What pads everyone using for trackdays, 182 with standard callipers, used yellow stuff & green stuff pads in other cars
I ran EBC Yellowstuff in my RX8 track car, they were great, zero fade and could repeatedly stand on them with no worries.

My mates also run Bluestuff which are more track focussed.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I run CL RC6's on the Clio and they've been fantastic and the BM runs Ferodo DS2500's and it ankers on something silly. Did the bedding "process" down a local test track, smoke billiowing from the car, made sure it took me 20minutes to drive home without touching the brakes if I could help it.