ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday Warrior!

Friend and I are looking into getting a cheap yet quick car which we can do up for Track and quarter mile days and as a bit of a hobby. not bothered on what it is, just as long as its quick! Was looking at an old cossie but they are still quite pricey. A R5GTT Raider looks the best bet at the mo. what do you think?

thanks

pug 205 gti? whack an m16 lump in it?

an old cossie will be forever going wrong i imagine based on my mates cossies lol

I was looking at GT turbos too, but they do seem a tad pricey for a good one. If you buy a shagged one you will have no end of trouble, with new turbos(pricey) and overheating problems, which I believe are a common problem on 5GTTs. We plumped for an XR2 which is easy to fix and cheap as chips to get parts for...not as rapid as a 5 but still very chuckable.....I do have a guide to building the ultimate 5 track day monster...they recon you can do it for about 3 grand all in, this was for a race-spec engine....will put these articles up on my website when i get the chance....the mags gone bust now so dont think theyll mind.......