ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackers

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
£174 per 12 months? Is that every 12 months? Or is the first year just an inflated price?

Every 12 months mate, the majority of Trackers on the market charge around £150 for 12 months subscription. The Tracker Monitor is slightly more as you have the online function too.

Yeah it does sound quite decent.

My old cobra one was £120 from memory. They'd phone you if there was any alert but you couldn't find the car on a map.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yeah it does sound quite decent.

My old cobra one was £120 from memory. They'd phone you if there was any alert but you couldn't find the car on a map.

Yeah so this is similar to the basic trackers but also gives you the benefit of GPS Tracking which I personally wanted. I personally have a lot of faith in the Police service but given the worst case scenario that your car is stolen having the option to locate your car yourself is something I was keen on. Having a basic tracker fitted means your totally reliant on the police force to locate the car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have an old iPhone with a PAYG SIM card in the car. Doubles up as my iPod for the music. I'll no doubt regret that if my car gets nicked and the swipe the phone as well. /Pauper

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Pics of your collection?

Only got one and it's buried away in my locker somewhere. I dished the rest out to people on my team. (They're a bit naff to be honest lol)

Mine is the Tracker Locate which is the best model Tracker supply. It uses dual signal technology so is traceable via VHF, GSM and GPS signals which stops thieves from using signal jammers and also means the car is traceable even underground or in metal shipping containers.

The tracker features motion detection so if the car is moved without being switched on it will trigger and text you or the Tracker helpdesk will call you to inform. It is fully traceable online via the MyTracker website which allows you to view the cars history and shows live plotting and security alerts.

Tracker are the only company with nationwide support from all UK police forces as Ron said so makes it a pretty decent system for the recovery of your car.

I purchased mine through Chameleon and paid £185 for the unit which included fitting and registration at my home address and then an additional £174 for 12 months of subscription.

I love the hunt involved with the VHF ones tbh. It's good fun.

The GPS ones are to easy to find. Takes all the fun out of it lol.