ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackpad or Magic Mouse for my MBP?

Mk2 Golf GTI
I realise the mouse seems like the obvious choice as the MBP already has a trackpad but I'm going to start using my MPB in clamshell mode with an external screen and can't decide which to go for!

The multitouch on the mouse seems pretty limited and I think the separate trackpad might be bigger than the built-in one.

Which would you go for and why? I don't use the MBP for intricate stuff like photoshop (at the moment) so the accuracy thing's not a great deal. I bet it would also be cool with the inklet/pogo sketch combo.

One thing I did notice from Apple's site though is the lack of four finger gestures. Can anyone confirm whether they are missing or not with the latest OS? I use the expose feature quite a lot.

Help me choose!

Last edited:
  Mk2 Golf GTI
companion_20100727.jpg

http://www.apple.com/uk/magictrackpad/

Never mind, it does have four finger swipe!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have a magic mouse and they are cool. But after playing with a trackpad i may get one ( Imac owner). As you said swiping gestures etc

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
We bought the magic trackpad at the weekend and it's fantastic, our mac mini is connected to the TV and controlling it with a mouse when in bed was a pain, the trackpad makes it much easier.

Thumbs up here.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
One of the main benefits of a desktop is the mouse, so imo get a mighty mouse.

Out of interest, can this trackpad be used with xp?

Mk2 Golf GTI
We bought the magic trackpad at the weekend and it's fantastic, our mac mini is connected to the TV and controlling it with a mouse when in bed was a pain, the trackpad makes it much easier.

Thumbs up here.

This is one of the things that was drawing me towards the pad. But then I have the Air Mouse app for my touch so could always use that as the remote. Guess i'll have to go have a play!

I don't think the mouse will be a huge advantage to me as like I said i don't do much that really requires its use.

I read that the trackpad can be used with windows but wont have the same functionality. I think the only thing it will have is two finger scrolling.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yes I'm starting to think a combination of the built-in trackpad, mouse and ipod touch w/airmouse is the way to go.

Why are macs so f**king cool?!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yes I'm starting to think a combination of the built-in trackpad, mouse and ipod touch w/airmouse is the way to go.

Why are macs so f**king cool?!

My Trackpad has gone back to Apple. It's brilliant on a MBP when it's on your lap, but sat at a desk with a big screen, the magic mouse is far better.

Just got one for the imac..... took me a whole 90seconds of playing with it to decide it was for me.

Now what to do with the magic mouse... hmmm

s**t and to think about it.. a Mighty Mouse too... doh! Wonder how much they sell for.

Care to elaborate? I'm on the train now but have to pop out for family dinner en route so can't play till later :(

Reading fail! :( Seems you need snow leopard for it to work properly. Have it on the MBP but not on the imac. grrrrr..