ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

traction control and service light

Focus RS mk1
these two lights keep coming on every now and then (NO ABS LIGHT) only when im driving hard, the power goes and the revs drop to around 2500rpm fluctuating. i get no response when pressing the accelerator and will only go back to normal when engine switched off and restarted. im thinking maybe throttle body? almost like the traction control is kicking in and staying on perminantly???

I have done a search and been reading through threads for the past hour but most say they have the abs light on aswell which turns out to be brake switch but this is sepperate prob to mine.

Any ideas anyone or anyone ever experienced this aswell?

182 Sport 2.0I
Hey matey, Mine has just started doing this since an accident in the ice with some kerbs. Apart from the damage to my wheels, now the TC Light and Service light both come on together and wont go off until i shut off the engine.

But.. I don't experience a different in performance.

Did you get to the bottom of it?

Focus RS mk1
yeh mine was the throttle position sensor in the end. you say you have hit a kerb? maybe damaged a speed sensor in the process? does it have any codes present? mine eventually got so bad it threw a code up (p0120)

Clio 182 arctic
these 2 lights are usually brake lamp switch. it did it on mine, hasnt come back since i followed the guide in the guides section.

Focus RS mk1
these 2 lights are usually brake lamp switch. it did it on mine, hasnt come back since i followed the guide in the guides section.

yeh theres a couple things that can cause it and without a trouble code it can be a guessing game, mine eventually put a code up which led to the pedal thank god