ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control issue

I know this topic has been covered, but I need a definate answer, I have an early 02' 172 non cup, which has traction control but no switch as we all know there is no way of turning it off as there is no switch..

At castle coombe last Saturday it became apparent that all the traction control did was piss me off.. So it needs to go..

Can I just pull a fuse or a wheel sensor to get rid of it, I dont mind losing the ABS for the day if it means getting rid of the traction, as i'm more of an intermediate track day driver if you get me!?

If the fuse is removed I would have though that it would just be a case of plugging it back in and getting the fault removed at a garage - which isnt a problem for me! To get it all working again!

Any advise welcome!!

Henry

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I have a 02 172 non cup too, and believe me there is no traction controll ;)
What makes you think there is?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
On the 182 a light flickers on the dash when it's in use.

There seemed to be a traction control type action when coming out of corners!!?? Then on straightening up coming out of the corner the power would come on like a switch, with a definate step in power.. felt like some sort of resistance!!?? Defiantly wasnt it 'coming up on cam' or anything like that!?

There was no light on the dash come to mention it...

Wasnt the tyre sidewall falling over!

Hmmm.. food for thought!

ValverInBits
cars go slower in corners mate. Just a lot of resistance. The older Ph2 172s and Ph1 172s don't have it. Try giving 1st gear the beans in the wet and you'll soon find out.