ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control Light

• Thread starter Paul Common 666
  • Start date

P

Paul Common 666

Ive gotta 53 plate 172. Do any of you guys or gals know of a problem with the traction/abs? In mine after a about 5mins of driving the traction light comes on with the service light and the traction wont work. It seems to happen if I go over a bump too, although not always! Any ideas??
Thanks, Paul.

P

Paul Common 666

Yes, will be the brake light sensor switch as dan said. Come on with light braking ?

Yeah it can do, but then it just does it as im driving along too. If I switch the ignition off then back off it dissappears for another few mins.
Do I have to book it in or is it summit I can do myself?

Yes, will be the brake light sensor switch as dan said. Come on with light braking ?

Yeah it can do, but then it just does it as im driving along too. If I switch the ignition off then back off it dissappears for another few mins.
Do I have to book it in or is it summit I can do myself?

You need a dealership to check the fault out and fix it if its the common pressure sneor which IMO this ins't

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
brake light switch just needs adjustment. posted it on another thread just do a search.

Da

Less
Jay, is this a job you can do yourself, the adjustment of the brake light switch or are we talking dealer only?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
do it yourself mate with a feeler blade. i'll check the size u need and post up. pm me to remind me.

BMW 530D
have you figured out what it is and a found a cure for it yet Daz? I'm having exactly the same problem with my 182 thats just started today. thanks in advance guys!

Da

Less
No mate, I've tried allsorts but to no avail yet. I have a couple of people getting back to me this week other than that I'll be waiting for my service on the 20th to get it sorted.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
right if you need to adjust the brake light switch remove it out and put the adjustment bit out its on teeth push the brake pedal down put the switch in and gentley lift the brake pedal the switch should click back in then for the extra adjustment you need a feeler blade set to 1mm push the pedal down a bit and put the blade between the pedal and switch pull the pedal up and the switch should go in a little Job done.

Da

Less
Yeah that's what I thought. I have checked and re-checked and there's definitely no ABS light lit. The ABS light does work BTW I checked that also ;)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Daz,
Your little problem. I have spoken to a friend who is a master tech at Renault and he says if the rear tyres tread depths are more than 2mm different from the new ones on the front, (which will be 8mm) that, will throw up the fault lights.

Its as I said, the difference in the rolling radius that has caused the problem.

You will need to have it cleared down by use of the clip or comparable equipment.

He is happy to do it for you and check the ABS sensor system voltages at the same time if you are in Cambridge anytime.

Da

Less
Many thanks Brian you've been an absolute :star: ! I will get Renault to clear the 'fault' when the car goes in for it's service later this month. I'm just glad it's no actual fault and nothing has been broken or damaged by fitting the new tyres! :approve:

Your friends offer is very kind although I have no plans to be in Cambridge in the near future, but thank him all the same. :)