ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control on a trackday... on or off?

clio182 Cup
As per title,

I'm about to do my first trackday in my 182 cup at the end of the month and wondered whether people bothered turning the T/C off during their outings on track?

I appreciate what T/C does but wondered about the real world advantages to driving on track?

Any thoughts or comments welcome:S

Thanks in advance!

330Ci Clubsport
OFF OFF OFF OFF

OFF

kills power coming out of corners. Was ruining my day yesterday until I got it switched off.

330Ci Clubsport
coming out of a corner and foot to the floor and nothing happens, then once the car straightens up a bit and the esp disengages power comes back and off we go.

ESP off and once you floor it power comes straight away, fronts light up and away much earlier.

lift number 1 @ btm
off every time.

after you have tried it you will go out and forget to turn it off,, get to the first tight corner and wonder where the power has gone.

on the other hand it does teach you some throttle control.

172cup
OFF, I ve always though it makes the clio more responsive and allows you to use the slip and skid instead of the car retarding it.

I had mine on for Bedford, forgot to take it off tbh. I didnt notice it really, but then I may have done if I drove it with it off.
A few moments when it flickered on a bit, but otherwise fine :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Had mine on when it RAF Marham, mainly cos i was scared i might spin it.

Could defo feel it kicking in though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I had mine on for Bedford, forgot to take it off tbh. I didnt notice it really, but then I may have done if I drove it with it off.
A few moments when it flickered on a bit, but otherwise fine :)
Pain in the arse at Bedford, especially at the first hairpin and the left leading onto the straight.

clio182 Cup
Off it is then ....:race:;)

I'm from a background of rwd track cars and tbh i'm not sure what to expect with the 182 cup on track - determind to get a rear wheel off the ground when cornering though!:cool:

Thanks for all the responses lads:approve:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
c**t of a corner, I got a passenger ride from a Jag test/development driver and he was struggling there. Burp suggested trying 3rd gear, going to give it a whirl next time.

Clio 182FF
Question - what about in rain or on a damp track since I had mine off in the rain before and span through 1st and 2nd lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Question - what about in rain or on a damp track since I had mine off in the rain before and span through 1st and 2nd lol.
Easy solution. Have a look in the footwell, should be 3 rectangular plates attached to arms. The one on the right, be gentle with it;).

Octavia vRS tfsi
Traction control ... I forgot some of you blouses like using that. Buy a real car for fark sake.

;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Bah traction control......

you can not do this with traction control.......

fail.jpg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Looosing a dif in three laps fun:quiet:
Some people use too many gears.............

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
T/C didn't bother me at Spa and Brands but I turned it off at Bedford. Might be something to do with the real tight hairpins there, and that I wanted to get it sideways! Most of the time it's really well judged.