ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction Control-Warning Lights

LY_Kimmy_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Liquid Yellow 182
I wonder if any one can help me,

I was driving down the M6 yesterday funnily enough on the way back from purchasing a 172cup for my boyfriend and my traction control light along with the service light has come up on the dash. Im wondering if anyone on here has any idea why the lights come on? :S

RB 182 Gordini
I had a similair problem the other week, Service light indicates a fault and the funtion light tells you where the fault is located, best bet is to read it with a diagnoctic machine to see what fault code is reading.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above, it needs a diagnostic to say for sure exactly where the fault lay but it is saying there's an issue with the TCS Program/System. It could be something as simple as a plug has high resistance and it just needs cleaning up or it could be the steering angle sensor needs replacing as the squib line(s) have an open circuit... guessing won't fix it though and the parts aren't always the cheapest to be gambling on either.

Mick

1.8 Civic EX
it's most likely the brake pedal switch needs adjusting, simple fix it in seconds job... just have nose above the pedal "arm", simple to spot and fiddle with

Clio 172
I had the same thing happen to me. Luckily my uncle works at a garage so I get diagnostics for free, it turned out to be the brake pedal switch.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Same problem for me I shall try the adjusting method in the morning :)

E46 M3
As its a cup it greatly reduces the number of things that it could be, My money would be on brake pedal switch too.

BMW M135i
Is it a real 172 cup? As it won't be the brake pedal switch if so. Infact, it'd be a bloody strange fault if it is one!

E46 M3
Ah ok, that makes more sense! I'd still put money on the brake pedal switch needing adjusting (I had the same problem) but it could also be an ABS sensor or ring. I think theres a guide for the brake pedal switch.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Thanks Ian_s sounds about right, i shall post on here what the problem is tommorrow if i can.